Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ReplicatorG -0400 - A question about GCode

I'm using ReplicatorG and I notice that the exported GCode file is FAR larger than the GCode file inside the program.

There is a MODEL tab and a GCODE tab.

I'm referring to the GCode you see in the exported file vs the GCode you see when you click on the GCode TAB inside the software. VASTLY different ???

Why aren't they the exact same??

Also, the GCode inside the program has comments for each line....the exported file has no comments

Senior Engineer
    I think you need to expand this question somewhat, it is not clear to me what you are asking at all.

Have you told it to generate the Gcode for the currently open model? If not then the Gcode you see in the Gcode tab is from last time it was used.

Senior Engineer
    If you are new to all this then:
    Install Cura
    Load your model in Cura
    Slice it
    Save the Gcode
    Open the Gcode file in RepG
    Create an X3G file.

Ok, I'll try Cura

Thanks

Can CURA generate an X3G file ? I'll need that for my makerbot clone (FFCP)

After doing some "Google Research", Cura seems to be an awful choice if you're using a FlashForge or Clone. And I am

Found the solution.....The latest version of ReplicatorG would not work.

The last version works fine
    Last edited by Ward; 11-26-2015 at 05:06 PM.

Senior Engineer
    Cura is the best slicer out there to start with (excluding simplify 3d as I have never used it.

Skeinforge, as you have used above, is very old but very capable though complex. The other option in RepG is Slicr3r which is quite good but changes a lot with upgrades and can be a real dog on some of the releases.

Cura does a better job than both of the above and I don't know where you read that it is the worst choice but I would suggest that whatever site you read it on you don't bother going back to.

Cura does not make X3G which is why I said in my post that you should make the Gcode in Cura then open it in RepG and make the X3G code. There is another option for making the X3G called GPX but I have never got it to work.

Found the solution.....The latest version of ReplicatorG would not work.

The last version works fine
    Last edited by Ward; 11-26-2015 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Cura is the best slicer out there to start with (excluding simplify 3d as I have never used it.

Skeinforge, as you have used above, is very old but very capable though complex. The other option in RepG is Slicr3r which is quite good but changes a lot with upgrades and can be a real dog on some of the releases.

Cura does a better job than both of the above and I don't know where you read that it is the worst choice but I would suggest that whatever site you read it on you don't bother going back to.

Cura does not make X3G which is why I said in my post that you should make the Gcode in Cura then open it in RepG and make the X3G code. There is another option for making the X3G called GPX but I have never got it to work.
    Ok,
    Everyone always says to "GOOGLE" stuff...and I did. This is what happens sometimes.
    I found quite a feww posts that said that CURA GCode is not compatible at all with a FlashForge Clone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast