Close

Makerbot Cupcake CNC

Good Evening Everyone,

New to 3D printing, and to this forum. I recently picked up a MakerBot Cupcake CNC for what I thought was a bargain of $50 on Craigslist. However, after resolving issue after little issue I now have the printer running. (Some soldering required!) Now I am having difficulties getting anything to print. I have successfully got a small piece of spaghetti to print out of 1.75 MakerBot PLA. I can get the board to function through 100% of its functions on the test prints, but the extruder doesn't keep up. In fact I get a "Zero Feedrate; set to 5000" error.

Currently using Replicator 026, because I cannot get python to install for Replicator 040. I am on a Windows 7, 64bit PC.

Needless to say, I am losing hope in this printer. Not saying my 3D printing hopes are squashed as of yet, because I have a friend who has several who claims his were never this difficult.

Is the problem obsolete programming? Possible updating on the MakerBot Cupcake? Are there better programs out there (opensource or not) that will work with the MakerBot Cupcake CNC?

Thank you for all your help in advance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Dlxx_QtKDs

*Don't mind my son/wife in the background*