Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse

Question Woah, What a difference... Is there something else going on here?

Over the last few weeks I've been reading about how adding a cooling fan to the FFCP could improve ABS printing results. I was skeptical, but thought It's not a difficult modification so 'Why Not'. I printed a calibration step cube before and after the mod...

It looks like they are printing in 2 different resolutions?

Left is after mod, right before mod.

20151125_061802.jpg

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    It may look better but both are overextruded. It's possible also that you are melting at too high of temp, that's why the right one is so glossy. I say overextruded since even the cooled one has many rounded corners where they should be sharp. I've never printed that piece, but I am pretty sure all the corners are sharp and square.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Using S3D, what are some ways to fix the over-extruding? The cube is printed in Hatchbox ABS@ 230c with a bed (glass) temp of 115c. all other settings are default.

Super Moderator
    Set the correct average filament diameter. Then adjust extrusion multiplier. .92 is a good multiplier to start with. 115c for the bed temp is way hot for ABS. Use 90-95c. Use ABS slurry on glass, apply slurry when glass reaches 90c+.

Will adjust and test, thanks

Super Moderator
    Print at 100% infill also. What size is the model you printed? The base model is pretty small. Did you enlarge it any?

I didn't make any modification to the model, as I believe it design is specific to calibration. Once I have the next print complete I'll try and understand what to do with it..

There's No need for the Extra fan at nozzles !
    Just Lower the nozzle-temp instead !
    I've noticed that Many people run nozzle-temp way Too high.
    and the extra fan really gets in the way when working on or cleaning extruders.

The X & Y stepper-motors probably Do need a fan though.
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 11-25-2015 at 10:46 AM.

Jfkansas is spot-on the money. Calibrate your extruders and use the correct temps.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast