Close

HICTOP i3 Prusa DIY Problem

Greetings all,

I finished assembly of my HICTOP printer the other day and have tried to run the temperature to PLA preheat at 180/70 (the default settings) just to test things out but the extruder nozzle will not heat past 145 degrees.

Everything seems to be hooked up properly. I am new to this so any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by italianzero View Post
    Greetings all,

I finished assembly of my HICTOP printer the other day and have tried to run the temperature to PLA preheat at 180/70 (the default settings) just to test things out but the extruder nozzle will not heat past 145 degrees.

Everything seems to be hooked up properly. I am new to this so any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Did you ever figure this out? Having a similar issue.

Quote Originally Posted by seblah View Post
    Did you ever figure this out? Having a similar issue.

I did! Issue was that the temperature sensor had shifted. Make sure that (1) the heater elements is seated all the way in and secured via the set screw, and (2) that the temperature sensor (which goes in right next to the heater element) is all the way inside the heating block.

If both of those are ok, you may need a new sensor (I think they include one), or a new heater wire. Which they will send you if you email customer service. Takes a week or two.

Thanks, though I was hoping it was something different. I have already replaced the heater core and got a screw in type temperature sensor. I have a new power supply coming this week, hopefully that will fix it.