Close

Thread: Paste Extruder

Paste Extruder

For the confectionery printers and those who want to print material which is paste before setting:\

Paste Extruder (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:249933)

Old Man Emu

Very cool! The early MakerBot Cupcakes had a frosting extruder option but it was pneumatic.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    There are lots of cool pasty materials to print with, not just novelty stuff like icing.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    Very cool! The early MakerBot Cupcakes had a frosting extruder option but it was pneumatic.
    I bet that was a real wheeze!

OME

We assembled a donated Cupcake at Maker Faire NY 2010 and were extruding Nutela on bread. The kids were eating it up (sic)! After the show we raffled it off and a teacher in NY won the printer. My son delivered it to him and he was ecstatic. Have to give props to Bre for donating the kit and pneumatic extruder to the 3D Printers Village.

Its hard to believe that these sort of things aren't on the supermarket shelves yet.

Banned
    Give it another year or two i04p. I know for a fact that several companies are working hard on a cheap version for all types of foods. I think 2016 will be a big year all around for this industry. This is the year it really gets mainstream attention. Next year is when we start seeing mainstream machines, and 2016 is when things really take off in my opinion.