Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

New filaments on makerfarms website

Has anyone tried the new filaments on the makerfarm website? I received two spools of pla from their "new manufacturer" (imagine that 3d) and thought the quality was amazing. The previous spools of pla that I got from their old supplier do not compare in my opinion. Does anyone have experience with their new esun or petg filaments?

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnupp View Post
    Has anyone tried the new filaments on the makerfarm website? I received two spools of pla from their "new manufacturer" (imagine that 3d) and thought the quality was amazing. The previous spools of pla that I got from their old supplier do not compare in my opinion. Does anyone have experience with their new esun or petg filaments?
    I have used about 2-3 spools of the Imagine 3D filament and it is really good stuff. I have not used the eSun.

Technologist
    Add usarmyaircav on Google+ Add usarmyaircav on Thingiverse
    I have a roll of esun petg, in transparent blue. 110 for the bed is too high on mine, I couldn't get a failed part off. I think I printed at 220 for the hot end. Once I get it dialed in I think it will be very good. I got my esun at Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by usarmyaircav View Post
    I have a roll of esun petg, in transparent blue. 110 for the bed is too high on mine, I couldn't get a failed part off. I think I printed at 220 for the hot end. Once I get it dialed in I think it will be very good. I got my esun at Amazon.
    Wow! 110 for the bed is way too high. I print with esun's petg all the time as I really like it. 80 for the bed is perfect. Though I've printed as low as about 225, I prefer 245 for the extruder.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by ssayer View Post
    Wow! 110 for the bed is way too high. I print with esun's petg all the time as I really like it. 80 for the bed is perfect. Though I've printed as low as about 225, I prefer 245 for the extruder.
    Yeah, I didn't think to change the temp settings when I sliced it. I think my default was either 230 or 235 for the extruder and it started getting stringy, so I dropped it 10 and that seemed to do the trick. I have a PEI sheet on my glass that I hope is salvageable. I will try 80 and go from there, thanks!

Engineer-in-Training
    Did you find that you needed a fan for the PetG?

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
    Did you find that you needed a fan for the PetG?
    No. In the few prints I have done so far with the petg, I have not needed a fan. to me it seems to act a lot like ABS.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by usarmyaircav View Post
    No. In the few prints I have done so far with the petg, I have not needed a fan. to me it seems to act a lot like ABS.
    I agree except PET doesn't smell bad like abs. PET is a bit more flexible too

Technologist
    I have printed at least 4 rolls of the eSun PETG & a couple of the eSun PLA rolls & like the quality of both. I printed all the plastic parts form my Mostly Printed CNC machine with the PETG & it is quite solid. You can also order the eSun from amazon or http://www.intservo.com/ for a little less than Makerfarm and not worry about shipping costs. My plastic Y-build plate that I replaced my 10" wooden build plate was printed in blue PETG & has probably a thousand hours of print time on it. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:824227

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PyramidDave View Post
    I have printed at least 4 rolls of the eSun PETG & a couple of the eSun PLA rolls & like the quality of both. I printed all the plastic parts form my Mostly Printed CNC machine with the PETG & it is quite solid. You can also order the eSun from amazon or http://www.intservo.com/ for a little less than Makerfarm and not worry about shipping costs. My plastic Y-build plate that I replaced my 10" wooden build plate was printed in blue PETG & has probably a thousand hours of print time on it. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:824227
    The CNC machine project sounds interesting, do you have any info on it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast