Close

Thread: Lost Connection

Lost Connection

After 8 months of no issue I turned on printer (10" I3V) and could not connect through rPi. Get "Error: Failed to autodetect serial port, please set it manually." from Octopint. Tried direct wired connection to laptop USB and could not connect using any slicer program. This is a RAMPS card and I made no changes since yesterday when it was working fine. Currently printing using SD card so other than connectivity all appears good. Switched USB cord, no help. Is there a component on Ramps board that can go bad and cause this? Anybody else experience this? Thanks.

Follow Bobby Lin On Twitter Add Bobby Lin on Facebook Add Bobby Lin on Google+
    Hi!

You might lose some connection from your wiring. you can view this video I found . I hope this will help your problem!

Thanks for the response. That is a good video, I had watched it before I built my printer and it was a lot of help. As to my problem, I sent Colin an email and he suggested separating the Arduino Mega from Ramps board and see if I could connect. I couldn't connect so it looks like USB port on the Arduino went bad. Got a new card on the way. Colin is amazing, I got responses within an hour on Saturday night and again Sunday morning. I don't think there is any product out there with that kind of support!