Close

Full Spectrum Laser's Water Washable Resin

Full Spectrum Laser has released a new stereolithography resin that can be cleaned with just water and doesn’t need any expensive solvents or cleaners. The new 3D printing photopolymer has a highly attractive finish with excellent mechanical properties, and any excess resin material left on the print can easily be dissolved by rinsing with plain water. The Water Washable Resin is now available for sale online at $150 per 1 liter bottle, which is roughly the same price as standard resin materials. You can read more about this new resin material over on 3DPrint.com: http://3dprint.com/102812/water-washable-resin-fsl/

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    it's not enitrely clear - but presumably the fully cured resin isn't water soluble.
    And rinsing just removes any uncured resin.

never occured to me that resin printers would leave lots of uncured resin on the prints.
    The printer manufacturers never mention that when you talk to them, :-)

I think this is an older post, but I just tried the water soluble resin and it works great. As for the mess, that's one of the biggest drawbacks of the SLA printers. The resin gets everywhere. The ability to use water instead of 99% pure Rubbing Alcohol is great, a lot less toxic and way less expensive. The results were very nice.