Close

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Technician
    my stupid instructions say , to use (g1 x0 y66 z10) (g1 x-57 y-33 z10) (x57 y-33 z10) use the paper tension method , and right down where i have contact , then adjust screws until i succesfully get them all to match. Which i have done. Then it says to check the Zm which it says use (g1 z10) again use paper tension method and it should match the other 3. if not to change the smooth rod offset. well nothing changes after i change it , the Zm never matches up. It stays at .20 off

At this point , it seems like the nozzle will dig in in the middle. I can share my instructions , code , w/e to help me figure this out

Technician
    well hold that thought , just found a huge chunk of instructions i missed in a previous link. almost same process as the instructions that came with mine except its delta radius to adjust not smooth rod, and its way easier to understand than the ones that came with mine. So im gonna give those a shot tomorrow and see if i have any luck.

Technician
    So i followed other instructions, and it still seems to go down in the center. I really think i may be missing something , but both instructions want me to match my Zz height to the Zm height. Im stumped. no matter how much i alter the smooth rod or the print diameter i get no change

I'm going through the same things right now with the Delta G2s printer I'm putting together. I still have not printed anything. Instead, I've been modifying the firmware.

I've made several changes to make it easier to bring up Delta printers. First, I've added a bed leveling command for 3 support point beds with a primary focus on Delta's. It lets you get the bed very close to level in spite of the dish effect. I've also made some changes so when traveling large horizontal distances the nozzle does not dip any more. (During bed leveling and such I was having problems with the nozzle dipping and scrapping the bed.)

I can get you up and running but you have to do exactly what I say. Stop following your directions.

Do these commands and tell me how far the nozzle is from the bed:

G28
    G1 Z3
    G1 Z0 F100

Technician
    I will , but it will be later tonight

Engineer-in-Training
    Do you have the delta settings in Configuration.h for us (don't post the whole file please, just the relevant settings), and do they match with reasonbly well with the basic dimensions you can measure (rod arm length from pivot to pivot point, effector diameter pivot point from centre, carriage offset from tower glider to pivot point of rod)?

If you provide me with a set of 7 tower positions that I can plug into this structure:

DeltaParams p = { // probe values from original maxima worksheet
    0, 0, // calibError and status
    123.983, // delta radius
    250.590, 250.590, 250.590, // diagonal rod length
    -107.178, // xa
    62.015, // ya
    -41.687, // xc
    -9.49, -9.49, -9.49, // home offset a, b, c
    { // probed points on bed Z = 0 in column coordinates
    {227.34, 227.34, 227.21},
    {258.65, 170.95, 171.55},
    {233.28, 233.28, 127.56},
    {170.94, 258.64, 169.76},
    {127.96, 233.20, 232.52},
    {170.82, 170.82, 258.62},
    {233.19, 127.95, 233.80}
    },
    0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
    };

Then I can run a numerical optimization for you. Probe the bed at center, x-tower, y-tower, z-tower, and opposite the three towers (in between the opposite two towers) and note the tower positions reported by the firmware. I only need the tower positions and the delta settings from your Configuration.h source.

I have debuggerd and got the source code from here actually working: https://github.com/DejayRezme/DeltaA...utoCalibration and am using it to fine-tune my own delta printer.

Technician
    I can get both of those tonight. First off my normal height from bed was 279.78 , I had changed it so that it was 290 so that I could have something to measure to the bed. I do this for my 3 tower positions so that i can adjust the end point screws to match up. Then Im "SUPPOSED" to be able to do the same thing for the center and the two should match. (this is the broken step for me) After that I am supposed to either adjust the smooth rod offset (if they dont match , till they do) or put my manual z back to its originally set height and all should be good.

With all that , if i set it to your cords of g1 z0 then it should put tension on the paper .... ill do the test anyway just to be sure (<saying i put my manual z back to the correct value)
    I can make a video of it if that will help. I can also link a copy of the software stuff i got with this thing. would that help too ? Ill do just about anything lol

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyImperial View Post
    I can get you up and running but you have to do exactly what I say. Stop following your directions.

Do these commands and tell me how far the nozzle is from the bed:

G28
    G1 Z3
    G1 Z0 F100

With these commands and my manual z home set correctly im right where i should be for paper tension.... maybe just a tad high
    could probably stand to lower it .1 or .2

Quote Originally Posted by Nickschaos81 View Post
    With these commands and my manual z home set correctly im right where i should be for paper tension.... maybe just a tad high
    could probably stand to lower it .1 or .2
    Great. Now use G1 Z0 X0 Y-50 F300 and tell me what the height is there.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast