Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Student
    Living in Germany, with its fundamental tradition of engineering, I have dozens of perfect and inexpensive sources at hand. They sell in Europe and some overseas too. But for small quantities transport is important and you should buy parts from local sources.
    I try to buy form German producers, if possible. But for some parts, China is the only source that I can afford (especially for the RAMPS-kit).

But I'm thinking about switching from RAMPS to other hardware (e.g.TI), because even chinese RAMPS became quite expensive, relative to its part-costs. Like with filament Chinese producers and resellers know they can earn extra profits with RepRap and 3D-printing.

The one thing that makes me mad is the filament price. How can it be, that filament prices don't fall, but rise instead, while the raw material is more than 15 times cheaper?
    Will build me own extruder though and buy pellets (for which there are some interesting sources here in Germany too).

Technologist
    That seems very pricey for a kit. I've had excellent luck on ebay with ramps 1.4, completely assembled, for significantly less than the prices of the kits on ultimachine.

Those prices at ultimachine are a bit high in my opinion. You can easily get assembled RAMPS 1.4 kit for less than $45 on eBay but they are selling kit for that price. If you can afford to wait a bit then I highly recommend eBay.

Banned
    Just Google it. There are dozens of sites which sell parts. Do some research depending on what you need exactly. Oftentimes you will find some sites sell parts at half of what others will. Good luck!

Like stated, there are tons of suppliers of reprap parts around the world. Here are a few we have used and have had excellent results with. When we do build workshops, it is not always about the cheapest? Sometimes we have to spend more for a higher quality, reliable source that backs their products.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinPoets View Post
    I know emakershop has a lot of good deals. People sell parts that they printed themselves, so you can get some really good deals.

http://www.emakershop.com/browse/printed-parts
    does anyone know who founds Emakershop?

Thanks for that list John. It's very helpful. I was aware of Hotends.com but never new of the others. This should make shopping for replacement parts so much easier!

I found printme3duk.com very fair.
    When a roll of filament didn't turn up they arranged for another to be sent after we'd given up on the courier.
    The day they sent a replacement the courier turned up with the first so I emailed them to try and stop them sending another. Anyway I got a phone call back and they said that as I had been honest they'd let me have it for free!!!

If you ring them up they will often give you a better deal than the online price
    I can recommend the filament as well so it's a good place for UK buyers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12