(Originally posted in New Matter Updates)

Originally Posted by JCrump in New Matter Updates

1:00 PM: Mine was delivered by DHL about an hour ago. It's going to be a long afternoon before I can get home and unbox.

9:00 PM: And now is about 8 hrs later. After a delicious dinner, I set about unboxing. It was really packaged beautifully and was very easy to setup.

During first connection, my pc (Win 10) didn't see the MOD-t, so I used the FAQ (http://support.newmatter.com/custome...e-installation) and got it going.

Things were smooth for a while, but during calibration, the build table moved very noisily through the x-axis for several minutes. Sounded like it was crushing rocks. I was about to unplug to save it from eating itself when it settled in.

I had it start the test print of the NM logo. It wiped off the nozzle on the right side, but some extruded filament strung into the print. I picked out what was loose and let it keep going. At 27%, the print broke loose from the print bed. I moved the piece out of the way so the nozzle kept extruding into space because the head had moved up about 2 mm (the thickness of the print). I pressed the front panel button and it stopped extruding and the head raised up.

There is a rough spot on the bottom of the print, probably where the original extraneous filament was laying on the print bed when it started printing. I think that is why it broke loose.

As I write this, the nozzle is staying hot (202C) and the fan is running full out. I finally tried to resume, but the nozzle was still 2 mm up in the air. I finally had to unplug power to get it to stop trying to resume. It is now quiet.

I think I'll call it night and work on it again tomorrow.