Close

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Follow papabur On Twitter Add papabur on Facebook Add papabur on Google+ Add papabur on Thingiverse
    OMG!!! I am super jealous now, that is a very nice, clean Prusa i3!!! My next build is going to be a oversized mendel90, will keep ya posted here! Thanks for showing us your printer, really great work!

Follow papabur On Twitter Add papabur on Facebook Add papabur on Google+ Add papabur on Thingiverse
    Ooooh very exciting, cant wait to see finished product and prints!!! Definitely keep us posted please! Kits? Are you planning on offering kits if and when the prototype is done? Just asking..
    Last edited by papabur; 03-25-2014 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Asking about kits.

Student
    Thank you for the compliment!

The I3 was a kit I bought myself, but because of some improvements it looks a bit different now. As I mentioned before, I´m have by far not finished my work on the printer yet. Currently I´m working on stabilisation parts and a housing for the electronics - to make it look even more cleaner... It will take some more days until you will see this build in a new outfit.

I do not plan to make a kit out of that, but I´m happy to help others with all my knowledge and experience as long as I find the time to do so.

Student
    Helloo somewhere in the photo is mine

Am I the only one here using a RepRapPro Ormerod? ;)

2014-05-13 20.57.20.jpg 2014-05-13 20.57.03.jpg

It has some key bits replaced from stock:
    • Different fan duct ("BigBlue360")
    • Aluminium bed support
    • dc42's improved IR sensor
    • Better PSU (Corsair CX430M)
    • Various printed upgrades

Also hooked up to a little wireless bridge thingy so I can put it out of the way when printing (currently sitting on the kitchen table).

Student
    Hello,

I'm using a K8200 from Velleman. Aka 3Drag:

1510982_10202852992957427_5815045185779230447_n.jpg10172627_10202801188942359_7215219541063713656_n.jpg1979751_10202810789462366_2327337408245555643_n.jpg

I have modified it for better quality. Started with printing ABS last week with quite some satisfying results so far.
    Btw the eifeltower is printer in 9 pieces ^^

Here is a picture of my son's printer bench. I know there is room there for at least one more printer? But I am sworn to secrecy for now.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    Here is a picture of my son's printer bench. I know there is room there for at least one more printer? But I am sworn to secrecy for now.

WANT.

/10char

Here's the little beauty I own, a sunhokey prusa i3 😄

image.jpg

Started printing with reasonable results within a few hours.
    image.jpg

I think I have the PLA settings sorted, now on to the ABS which I expect to be a bit of a challenge.

Next I want to add another extruder, so I can use multiple colours 🌈 in one print job.

Cheers
    Docker

Can anyone identify my new, used printer

I just purchased a used Prusa i3 which seems to be working for the most part. Previous owner was not the original, and doesn't know details about it. But I want to identify it. There is no maker information on the frame (I believe it is acrylic, not metal or wood). It uses a RAMPS 1.4 board. Can anyone identify it?

Here's why I'm asking: I want to update the firmware to support an LCD display, and also in case something goes up in smoke, I want to be able to get it going again. I have a new Arduino Mega and RAMPS board, and I want to load them with test firmware and use them as the testbed (so I don't screw up the working boards).

Is there a standard firmware download for these boards and this printer configuration, or do I need to start from scratch? Where can I find firmware to load for this printer, and if possible a configuration that might match? Thanks

Printer photos:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast