Close

Thread: Buyer Beware!

Student

Buyer Beware!

This is being covered over in another forum but I felt it was noteworthy to warn EVERYONE about a possible scam going on at Aliexpress. If you go here << http://www.aliexpress.com/item/6-Mat...485524251.html >> you'll see an unbelievable price on a printer. A lot of people, sadly including me, have jumped at what appears to be a mistake but probably is a 'sucker born every minute' scam.

What happens is that, after you plunk down your money to this company that has only been in business for a week, you get a message saying that your printer has shipped but they had to use a slower method so they are wanting to refund you $15. Now, you already have 'stolen' the printer so the greed in you jumps at the chance and you follow the procedure to get the reimbursement. The seller is exploiting a flaw in Aliexpress' procedure and once you complete the request for the $15, your order is marked complete. That releases the money from Aliexpress, who was holding it until you told them everything was OK by marking the transaction complete. The seller gets the money and you no longer are protected by their money back guarantee nor can you file any further complaints/disputes.

Ask me how I know...... X(:X

One of my mates has just ordered this i'll let him know thanks for the heads up!

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    That sucks.

The general rule of thumb is if it looks to good to be true it generally is. There are market derived limits for goods so although some cost can be offset buy bulk buying if a product is very cheap it generally means that it is of very poor quality due to the use of sub standard components or it is part of a scam.

Thank you very much for making people aware of this. You should also contact Aliexpress, we are sure they will also not be very happy about this as they are trying very hard to improve their reputation as a secure buying environment. We couldn't say you will get your money back but they should investigate the company.