Close

New ramps installed. everything works as planned. except printing.....

I spent all day rewiring the printer. All my endstops and motors go perfect. Heaters and thermo works great.

All my stops are at max. And set that way in marlin. But here's the problem. I start the print. The x y go to the max hit the switches then z goes up and hits the switch. The xy go back to center of plate. Good. But then the z comes down only a little bit and the print starts.
    Why does the z behave like this? The xy are behaving perfect. I watch them for 5 mins and it would look like its doing everything perfect. Even the extruder is going good. The z moves to the next layer perfect. But it just starts way up.
    gcode starts with g28. Then I changed it to g28 X Y. Then the z wouldn't go up. But then it went down to much. Offsets are all zero and the build dims are correct.....
    I'm thinking of before starting, place all my axis where it needs to be. Center and with z right at printing level then using g90 at the start of code instead of g28. Or g90 then g28 X Y.

Side issue..... How can I make it so the arduino turns off when the main power is turned off so I don't have to unplug the USB every time????

What version of marlin are you using? Where did you get it?

The latest on github. 1.01?