Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kickstarter update #20 - Is that a USB port ?

Just finished watching the new update and there seems to be a USB port on the motherboard. Any idea what/if that is used for anything ?

Although I liked the update (as always), I would have liked to see some prints as well, specifically larger prints. I assume as soonas beta backers have their printers we will start to see some more prints though.

Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways
    I'm really excited to see that the betas are almost ready. I'm always eager to see new prints and each time we get an update there's a remarkable jump in print quality. When the betas get their hands on them though I'm sure we'll see a printsplosion of pictures and we'll get to finally see what sort of print quality we can expect from the peachy.

Technologist
    I'm shocked at how "finished" the Beta looks - I was expecting the production version to be much like the one initially shown, just cleaned up slightly (so it'd require the user to hack something together for mounting until they were able to print a better system). Great to see that I was wrong!

The USB plug could just be for power. Way cheaper than including a dedicated power supply for the amplifier, and it avoids all the issues with needing different plugs for different countries.

Staff Engineer
    i'm going to agree that it's likely just a power connection. The beta version looks promicing, and it's neat to see that they're tuning everything in this version for maximum modification potential... But It seems they should focus on the beta testers getting a version as close as possible to the final production version, to focus on tweaking the software and calibration portions. (unless the final version is planned to be as mod-friendly as this beta, in which case I like it!)

Definitely looks like time to ship it!

Peachy Printer Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by kulfsson View Post
    Just finished watching the new update and there seems to be a USB port on the motherboard. Any idea what/if that is used for anything ?

Although I liked the update (as always), I would have liked to see some prints as well, specifically larger prints. I assume as soonas beta backers have their printers we will start to see some more prints though.
    A USB port is simply used to supply the printer with power to its "power input" port. ( the power input port is the one that looks like a micro usb port on the peachy printer
    but technically cannot be called that dew to the Traid mark on the fraise "USB port")

We hope to have some new prints to show off soon, stay tuned!

Thanks,

NG.
    Last edited by rylangrayston; 02-27-2014 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Traid Mark Legalitys

Quote Originally Posted by Slatye View Post
    I'm shocked at how "finished" the Beta looks - I was expecting the production version to be much like the one initially shown, just cleaned up slightly (so it'd require the user to hack something together for mounting until they were able to print a better system). Great to see that I was wrong!

The USB plug could just be for power. Way cheaper than including a dedicated power supply for the amplifier, and it avoids all the issues with needing different plugs for different countries.
    +1 on this, it's impressive...the beta testers are going to be happy when this shows up on their doorstep!

Student
    Any idea what/if that is used for anything ? vraag.jpg

Jankoo

Technician
    it looks like a jumper block , and it might be either for a breakout panel for circuit diagnosis or to allow for re configuring the 'jumpers' and therefore the circuit easily

I think it just to update the firmware.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by nka View Post
    I think it just to update the firmware.
    Firmware? In an analogue device?????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast