Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassna View Post
    Yeah nevermind on that, I got it on there and am using it. Still working on getting a Z axis stabilizer and some rubber feet. The bed plate on this thing is pretty bowed when heated, quite annoying trying to do full bed things in ABS. I currently have a replacement heating bed for my Flashforge creator pro coming in the mail, so I want to take my old flashforge bed (it needs new heating wires soldered onto it with a new wire) and replace it on this CTC. This should be possible right? I believe my biggest issue is it will need a different bracket to use with the flashforge bed, because it is a 3 screw instead of a 4 screw leveling system.

Also I would like to get spring loaded extruders put on. I was wondering, I don't use my left extruder on my flashforge. I could probably swap it onto the CTC, but would it have to be on the left side? I'm thinking so.....
    I don't understand why you want to put the old FF bed on the CTC ,
    The CTC bed is great, if you add glass sheet to it.
    The glass is Needed and corrects any bowed areas.
    Can add stiffeners and extenders if Needed, but works great without them.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleSeven View Post
    I don't understand why you want to put the old FF bed on the CTC ,
    The CTC bed is great, if you add glass sheet to it.
    The glass is Needed and corrects any bowed areas.
    Can add stiffeners and extenders if Needed, but works great without them.

Well mainly because I will have an extra flashforge creator pro bed plate laying around and I have no glass currently :P Its a much thicker bed plate, never had any problems with it other than it quit heating. Easy to level. Ect. Although if I can find a cheap enough sheet of glass around where I live, I may do that for a bit. The one place I called around me wanted $60 for a piece of borosilicate glass cut to size. So obviously not going to that guy. But yeah the main issue is the warp in the middle of that plate. Also I realized the LED is not even turning on with this CTC, so after work today I gotta go through and see whats up with that.

We got 2ea 6"x9" glass sheets cut from a 10"x12"x3/32" piece,
    at Lowes-hardware for about $3.
    It's Good quality glass.

When I added the Extenders we had to cut 2 of those 10"x12" sheets,
    so cost for those was $6.

Engineer
    Cool that sounds good I will run to Lowes tonight after work. Which extenders did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Bassna View Post
    Cool that sounds good I will run to Lowes tonight after work. Which extenders did you use?
    See my thread about the Extenders in this CTC forum section.

there is picture of my installation and info about new glass size and positioning of extenders there.
    ( 2 position and size options are available with those extenders)
    And changes needed in slicer software to take advantage of larger size.

You must click the 'More replies below current depth...' to see all my messages,
    for some strange reason this forum website would not display all of them.
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 10-12-2015 at 04:15 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12