Close

3D Printing Stocks Collapse After Warning From 3D Systems

Today, 3D Systems gave an earnings guidance warning for their 2013 numbers. This caused the entire 3D Printing market to plummet rapidly at open. Many have bounced back somewhat, but 3D Systems (DD) was is still down over 16%.

http://3dprint.com/3d-printing-stock...stems-warning/

Are you invested in any of these stocks? DDD, SSYS, ONVO, VJET, etc?

Invested in Arcam..

The statement said that 3D Systems is reporting lower income because it is diverting more of its revenue towards product research and development not because it is doing poorly. I would say time to buy!

Not having any more knowledge of Wall Street than I gained from "The Wolf of Wall Street", I'd say that a dividend of 83 cents on a $54.63 share or 93 cents at the same share price is the difference between a return of 1.5% and 1.7%. It may not be a king's ransom, but I still have my original capital, and any rise in share price since I bought the share.

It is better to hear that profits have been diverted to R&D, and not squandered on corporate jets and bloated management bonuses.

Old Man Emu

I agree. To me, this is a sign to buy. Putting money into R&D only means that there will be better, cheaper, and more efficient printers coming out in the future.