Close

Recommended Jerk Settings?

Still slowly working on calibrating my Pegasus over here and have not worked with jerk setting too much. Does anyone have some recommended values or a link to calibrating jerk? Essentially the Pegasus is about the same as their i3v so what works for that should work for this. Thanks in advance.

Don't have any info but definitely interested in what you turn up. Good luck!

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    It's a long thread, but I had the same question when I started the thread on Marlin Motion Related Configuration.h Settings for MakerFarm i3v. The scope of the thread goes way beyond the jerk settings, but you can use the table of contents links in the first post to narrow how much of the thread you look at. I do come up with my own conclusions, but more importantly, the thread provides some gcode snippets that you can use on your printer to experiment with. That's the best way to learn what the settings are all about and what seems to work the best for you.

EDIT: and I'm sure 99% of the lurkers out there are rolling their eyes at me pushing that thread on someone. Again.

EDIT #2: What I concluded in working that thread is that if someone had the miracle answers, they were keeping them to themselves. So, I was left with trying to figure out what the settings were and experimenting with them.

Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    EDIT #2: What I concluded in working that thread is that if someone had the miracle answers, they were keeping them to themselves. So, I was left with trying to figure out what the settings were and experimenting with them.
    Isn't that the name of the game anyway? Thank you for the info!

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    I probably should admit that even my head wants to explode when I try to go back and reread that thread.

That was (and still is) a very valuable thread!

Engineer-in-Training
    I have that thread book marked for reference when I adjust my printer. I wonder, would a lower jerk setting help with cornering after adding the Aluminum bed and thicker glass? I recently switched to 1/4" glass and the aluminum bed. My jerk setting is at 20. I'm wondering if slowing it down or increasing the acceleration may help reduce the rippling on my side walls.