Close

Thread: huge 3dmodel

huge 3dmodel

hi Folks
    I have a dilemma I need to print and design a big model similar to flag or scarf in size 2x2 metres
    I concidered to do it from prefabricated printed elements and connect them somehow, but I am afraid it won`t keep form ( it should be fixed as a flag from one side)
    do you have any ideas.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yep get that corrugated plastic they use for election 'posters' and cut it to size and shape and then paint it.

Much much simpler, quicker and cheaper than trying to 3d print something that size :-)

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    yep get that corrugated plastic they use for election 'posters' and cut it to size and shape and then paint it.

Much much simpler, quicker and cheaper than trying to 3d print something that size :-)
    possibly Corflute?

Staff Engineer
    Corrugated plastic will certainly be a lot cheaper and easier to use, if the shape works for you. If not, and you need a special shape you've designed on the computer, then using a CNC router will be more cost-effective. Any material that size will run into some money, but foam would probably be the cheapest alternative.

Andrew Werby
    Juxtamorph.com