Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auto-leveling

Technologist
    1. The jumped pins are different from the three for the servo. Watch it again and you will see him point to a pair to the left of the servo pins.

2. You have to wire the leveling limit switch to the z-limit connector. Keep the z-limit switch and wire the leveling switch to it in series so that both will work.

Cheers,

KDog

Quote Originally Posted by KDog View Post
    1. The jumped pins are different from the three for the servo. Watch it again and you will see him point to a pair to the left of the servo pins. KDog
    YES. I saw which group of pins he was talking about, but I can't see which pins in that group have to be joined.

OME

Technologist
    Ok, I just watched it again, he says to jumper the two farthest away from the edge of the board...so the back two. Best of luck. I'm still trying to get this to work on an Azteeg x3. Not sure where to hook the servo up to yet.

KDog

Hook the servo gets hooked up to the three pins adjacent to those that are jumped. The ground wire of the servo goes on the pin closest to the edge of the board.

OME

Technologist
    Here is a link to a pin diagram: http://www.reprap.org/wiki/File:Ardu...connectors.png

The jumped pins are to the left of the reset switch and the servo pins are the three to the immediate right of the reset switch.

Finally got my Azteeg working. Waiting on a response on another forum to figure out which pins the servo goes on.

On that diagram ...

See the three pins above the letter "U" in AUX 1? That's where the servo gets plugged in. The earth (ground) wire of the servo goes on the pin that is the lowest in the diagram (closest to the "U")

OME

Technologist
    Thanks OME. I'm trying to get the Azteeg x3 hooked up. It doesn't have the same servo pins as RAMPS. Instead it has a row of pins to hook up fans and lights. The pinout is 5v, sw, 12v. Each row of pins is labeled with the pin number of the servo pins on RAMPS. Not sure if the SW will act the same as the control pin on RAMPS. I guess I have to find a ground pin somewhere if so.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    I am a little perplexed? Do you guys have a problem with your build platform or extruder changing positions all the time? I set the gap on my machines and forget it? Seriously, I set the platform at Christmas when my son brought it up and have not touched it and probably have a hundred hours on it since then? Maybe I am missing something here?
    Hi John, where I find auto leveling invaluable is when I have different substrates to print on. My Garolite is thicker than my glass and the poplar I use for Nylon is 3/8" thick. It makes it so easy to let the servo find the surfaces of those different thicknesses and set the gap.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12