Close

Angry Rumba and Windows 10

Hello everyone, I have a Makerfarm Prusa i3v 12" with RUMBA board. It no longer connects to USB after the update to windows 10. It shows up as an unrecognized device. I have emailed Colin and he has no idea. Any ideas on how to fix this without downgrading windows? I can still 3d print from the SD card if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by ctjet View Post
    Hello everyone, I have a Makerfarm Prusa i3v 12" with RUMBA board. It no longer connects to USB after the update to windows 10. It shows up as an unrecognized device. I have emailed Colin and he has no idea. Any ideas on how to fix this without downgrading windows? I can still 3d print from the SD card if necessary.
    Possibly take a look at this section of the Rumba board wiki

http://reprap.org/wiki/RUMBA#USB_con...in_progress.29

Might be the same issue your having. Good luck!

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    I am of the understanding that Windows 10 messes up the drivers for any pseudo-serial USB ports. One of the places this has been mentioned is about in the middle of this thread - http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.php?14576-Windows-10. I think I've read about people having to install specific drivers in order to get things working again, but I don't have a link to share for that.

Engineer
    i havent heard of anyone not being able to connect BUT you will be prone with freezes and lockups during prints from problems with the usb driver. even if you did get it to connect you would need to print from sd card anyway. hopefully just temporary. i can tell you that i am running the beta for the next windows 10 release and the issue with the usb is still there so that have not fixed it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrot_or_Stick View Post
    Possibly take a look at this section of the Rumba board wiki

http://reprap.org/wiki/RUMBA#USB_con...in_progress.29

Might be the same issue your having. Good luck!
    I already tried that and the program said it was missing a dll. I will try again and look that up.

Engineer-in-Training
    Anyone have any updates on this? I am getting freezes in the middle of prints on Windows 10.

Quote Originally Posted by BLKKROW View Post
    Anyone hak
    ve any updates on this? I am getting freezes in the middle of prints on Windows 10.
    I was able to reflash my software using atmel flip, however I think it is two different problems. Are you printing from a pc or sd?

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjet View Post
    I was able to reflash my software using atmel flip, however I think it is two different problems. Are you printing from a pc or sd?
    Printing from a PC, last night I reinstalled the Rumba driver and am running a print now to see what happens.

So I printed for 9 hours without a hiccup, I have about 40+ more hours of printing on this project so we shall see if it pauses again.
    Last edited by BLKKROW; 10-28-2015 at 08:34 PM.

No USB Connect

Hey all,

I had the same issue and worked with Colin to get it worked out. He sent me a bootloader that you just connect, Switch to usb power, push a button and everything connects perfectly. Contact him and he can help you out.

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by BLKKROW View Post
    Printing from a PC, last night I reinstalled the Rumba driver and am running a print now to see what happens.

So I printed for 9 hours without a hiccup, I have about 40+ more hours of printing on this project so we shall see if it pauses again.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by forsaken541 View Post
    Hey all,

I had the same issue and worked with Colin to get it worked out. He sent me a bootloader that you just connect, Switch to usb power, push a button and everything connects perfectly. Contact him and he can help you out.

Erik
    Interesting. So far I have been printing for 20+ hours with no hiccups.