Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ok Mike , thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 24c View Post
    Hi

Following on from the MacBook Pro with Parallels 11 install, running Windows 8.1 Pro & successfully using the Einscan software, I decided to test the new to me Late 2013 iMac with 4GB Graphics Card.

i loaded up Parallels 11 on the new iMac, installed Windows 8.1 Pro and Einscan-S V1.5 software.
    Configured desktops so that's 2560x1440 x2 and 800x600 for Einscan-S
    Calibrated scanner, and completed a test colour scan.

Screenshots, from screen 1 (OS X), 2 (Windows), & projector (white screen)

Attachment 7218 Attachment 7219 Attachment 7220

Very smooth and a lot faster than the Early 2011 Macbook Pro, as well as gaining another screen into the bargain, as the newer machine has an extra Thunderbolt port.
    I can now work on something else on the Mac platform whilst the scanner does its stuff on the turntable. Obviously when I am doing Free scans I won't be able to do anything else.

Mike

PS The only thing of note, was I disabled USB3 in Parallels, and used a powered D Link USB2 hub to connect the cameras.
    PPS You don't need to buy the subscription version of Parallels AFAIK, you can by the standalone versioning instal Visual Studio on this.
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib.../jj945424.aspx

Hi Mike, I am in the process of getting my MBP up to your install, currently running Par 10 going to upgrade now too Par 11, I noticed in 10, I could not get the Monitors Extended? is there a trick to this? I use the HDMI cable and it changes my res on my Laptop screen, but when I try to Extend, the same setup as you have, it just reverts back to "Show Only Display on 1"
    if there is a trick, please let me know

Thank you
    Steve

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    In Parallels 11, you need to uncheck Use OSX Full screen option under Actions>Configure..>Full Screen>Options
    I have use all displays in full screen checked too
    Then maybe get a VGA adaptor, as I didn't have HDMI on mine, but if it's not set at 800x600 pixels in the Apple Display Preferences it won't work anyway.

You also have to do this in Windows, using the List All Modes options and select 800x600, & ignore the warnings.

Good luck
    Mike

Mark, I have successfully scanned using your system setup as a guideline, I am running parallels 11 and Running Windows 7 64Bit. The Extending Monitor deal was a lot of trial and error, but can tell you a simple find here, with the Mac OS X world.
    Simply change the dual monitor settings on the Mac Display preferences, make sure that "mirror display" is unchecked and go to the Arrange tab and position the monitors side by side, it's at this point, I realized how powerful this was, it seems anything I did on the Mac preferences first, Parallels would follow suit, as soon as I did this, switched over to the Windows 7 side and sure enough, there were my dual monitors sitting there ready to adjust the resolution, of course "Extended" and I set the 2nd monitor up for 800x600 and Viola..... scanning, calibration, everything WORKED !!!!

my first scan

IMG_0447-1.jpg

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Hi again,
    Glad it's working. Like I said in earlier posts, you have to set the Apple Display Preferences in System Preferences. The trick is to Gather Windows and see them all. Then you change the resolution of the VGA/HDMI projector built into the Einscan-S and everything should be OK.
    You'll know it's working because when you click on Arrangement you'll see the small screen next to your others, and your desktop picture will be projected by default.
    Parallels looks at the default OSX system, but there was a bug on the earlier versions with extended desktops, and you had to uncheck Use OSX Full Screen.
    I haven't managed to download the update, it seems to fail at the last minute.

Mike
    PS Scan looks well resolved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12