Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    You can do a M502 followed by a M503 to print out what the bulk of your settings are. At worst case, that gives you a very very good head start towards modifying a new Configuration.h file so you can rebuild the firmware.

Strangest thing.... I just finished a 31 hour print for a customer and when i went to start the next one, it worked fine.. What the what?
    so i tested the macro a few times with the new numbers (from after i tried to fix it) and it was not where it needed to be... so i ran a print, and 10 spots ABL all same servo location, worked great. just as it always has...
    so i avoided the headache for now, but i should probably get a good configuration.h stored somewhere haha

Quote Originally Posted by dunginhawk View Post
    Strangest thing.... I just finished a 31 hour print for a customer and when i went to start the next one, it worked fine.. What the what?
    so i tested the macro a few times with the new numbers (from after i tried to fix it) and it was not where it needed to be... so i ran a print, and 10 spots ABL all same servo location, worked great. just as it always has...
    so i avoided the headache for now, but i should probably get a good configuration.h stored somewhere haha

lol, now its happening again... what in the hell

Im telling you, that's whats happening to me....it works fine, then craps out, then works fine again.
    I have even swapped out the gears in servo , to remove any slop it might of had.

lol, now its happening again... what in the hell

its unreal... cant believe you are seeing the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo28 View Post
    Im telling you, that's whats happening to me....it works fine, then craps out, then works fine again.
    I have even swapped out the gears in servo , to remove any slop it might of had.
    And it isn't just the gears in the servo that cause problems. In some of the servo's there is a little potentiometer that provides feedback to the control electronics about how much the output is turned. If that potentiometer gets worn, it provides 'noisy' or inaccurate positioning information and things don't work right. You might want to try just swapping the servo and see if your problems go away.

i was thinking of doing that , replacing it with a digital servo rather than an analog..better quality.
    BUT.... the same thing is happening to a friend of mine whos only had the new servo working for a couple weeks. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    And it isn't just the gears in the servo that cause problems. In some of the servo's there is a little potentiometer that provides feedback to the control electronics about how much the output is turned. If that potentiometer gets worn, it provides 'noisy' or inaccurate positioning information and things don't work right. You might want to try just swapping the servo and see if your problems go away.

What brand of servo are you using?
    its unreal... cant believe you are seeing the same thing

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    I agree with Roxy on trying another servo. Keep in mind that in 99% of the R/C servo applications, they are used in a closed-loop control system where minor positioning error won't matter - the control loop will just compensate for it until it sees the system (plane, helicopter, or whatever) responding as desired. Other than a servo issue, the only other possibility is a change in the zero-position pulse width being applied to the servo. There'd be no reason for that to change without firmware changes.

Using a tower pro micro server 9g SG90
    jsut happened to have a spare.. just wired it up. going to test now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast