Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

WASP BigDelta - a 12 Meter Tall House 3D Printer is Unveiled

It looks like 3D printing just got bigger, quite literally. Today WASP has unveiled their HUGE 12 meter tall delta 3D printer, capable of 3D printing houses. The goal is to print houses in 3rd world countries using the BigDelta. The printer will be debuting next weekend, Sept 18-20 in Italy. Read and see more at http://3dprint.com/94334/wasp-bigdelta-3d-printer/

Engineer
    So how are they going to deal with the roof? Going to create support and remove after with sledge hammer?

Perhaps a dome shape. Though that maybe hard to do with something that takes hours or days to setup. Or maybe only the walls and floor will be printed. Using more traditional methods for the roof or use them to print the roof on. And it could be that they are looking at building components not build in place.

I suppose they could build it upside down, then turn it over.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    or just use angled struts.
    Easy to desig and print supportless roofs on my desktop - so why not on the monster ?
    Or simply use corrugated iron for the roof .

The only tricky part i see is ho to get the building out of the printer. Made of clay it won't be light.

But brilliant looking machine, can't wait to see video of it in action.

I assume that they will just tear down the printer. And move it to the new location.