Close

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Hello,

I am writing you from Bulgaria. Does anyone has idea for a big format 3D printer with building area 1000 x 1000 x 1000 mm? Could you please recommend any machine ASAP? Thanks!

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Mitov View Post
    Hello,

I am writing you from Bulgaria. Does anyone has idea for a big format 3D printer with building area 1000 x 1000 x 1000 mm? Could you please recommend any machine ASAP? Thanks!

There are some things to overcome when building something that big. It seems to me a CORE XY could be scaled to that size, however the motors will have to be at least nema 23. With motors that large you will need something more than a ramps board or possibly a very highly modified ramps. You also have to consider time to print as well in something that large. Current slicers seem to crash on very large objects. Considering the size of the printer you also will have to run it much slower than a small machine due to weight. Unfortunetly designing something that prints that big is an exercise in exponential mathematics. It can be done if you reduce nozzle resolution though.

Hi from the UK

Just finished building my first 3D reprap a Prusa I3 Rework with a E3D V 6 Hotend

Hope i can help people with the pit falls that i suffered and how to get round them

Crawler (Dave)

Hi RepRap. We wanted to share the Inventor of the RepRap project, Adrian Bowyer, is a board member of Libre3D.com.

Libre3D is a 3D printing resource for Free and Open Source 3D models.

www.Libre3D.com

Hello from the Isle of Man.

I've been given a sunhokey prusa (acrylic frame) i3 kit for my birthday from the wife. I have to say I'm very impressed with it. Pretty easy to put together and I was printing my first cube within a few hours of completion. I'm totally addicted to messing with it and trying to fine tune my results. I hope you can all help with my questions and queries which I'm sure will be plentiful.

Cheers all
    Docker

Student
    Hello everyone. I am new to the 3D printing industry, but a network engineer by trade. I want to break away from "working for the man", and buy and build a 3D business. My main hobby when I have free time is 1/4 mile drag racing. I'm connected to the industry through various performance shops. I'm not sure what direction to go for a business model. I need direction find that niche market to be able to jump start my business. I have not even committed to a 3D printer yet but my resources allow a budget of $2200 or less for a printer. The one thing I am most concerned about is not having a printer that is capable of producing the size product I need. If I buy a mini or small area printer, i'm limited on my business model. I guess I need to know what the best and biggest print area I can get on a 3D printer for my price range.

Technician
    Add ZorAxe on Thingiverse
    Hi peeps,

I'm the latest newbie here. Very interested in the whole CNC/3D world. I've built a CNC router, now wanting to get into the 3D printing world.

Student
    Hi all and happy holidays, did post an introduction in another part of the forum but I'm that much of a noob to 3d printing I didn't even know what type of printer I had bought
    Anyhoo I've got my HIC prusa i3 up and running and weeded out the easy to find faults (mine came with quite a decent set of BUILD instructions that only missed 3 small parts) and after finding 2 wires crossed on one set of motor leads, wiring my led strip to the heart bed and wondering why it was turning on and off for 15/20 second intervals (that was a flushed cheeks eureka moment).
    Ive managed to sort many problems by reading Roxys answers to the HELLLLLP! threads but I'm still a long way off.
    See you all out the
    Johno

I have 2 3d printers and every thing works heating, melting, and the plate heats, but as it get's to the point to start printing it goes to the home corner and stops and starts making a loud noise, if I leave it the noise stops and the head tries to go to the start point but doesn't get there it starts to zig zag and just move around a little at which time I stop it. I have tried every thing I know to get it to work but even my other printer is doing the same thing????? Any help ????? Thanks Ron.

3d printers won't work???

I have 2 3d printers and every thing works heating, melting, and the plate heats, but as it get's to the point to start printing it goes to the home corner and stops and starts making a loud noise, if I leave it the noise stops and the head tries to go to the start point but doesn't get there it starts to zig zag and just move around a little at which time I stop it. I have tried every thing I know to get it to work but even my other printer is doing the same thing????? Any help ????? Thanks Ron.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast