Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Color Texture Scan anybody ???

Did anybody do any color scan ???
    I have been trying all morning to get a clear model and i can't ...
    The model is too blur...

any picture about that?

Here it is :
    Screenshot 2015-09-01 17.38.21.jpgsnapshot00.jpg

It is also too dark.

Wait a minute, the feature is already implemented in version 1.5 ?!?!

I scanned yesterday with 1.5 , did not see any color ?! I missed it ? Or we need to activate a function ?

Would be great that each new release of the software comes with a list of new added feature so we don't have to guess them.

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Hi,

Hugues
    , you have to enter the Choose low detail option, and then Apply, then you get a Texture or UnTexture option. Select Texture to get a colour scan. It's actually in the Help section, but it'd be nice to have a changelog text file

airguy, have you used the White Card calibration technique, I used a sheet of bright white A4 paper. It's scanning now, will post a picture up in a moment. I think I should have chosen the Dark and light option with the tape measure.

one-pass-Stanley.jpgtwo-pass-Stanley.jpg

As you can see there is quite a bit of artefacts, I'm just trying a Dark and light option, and there are less holes in the scan, but the colour balance is affected.

Mike
    Last edited by 24c; 09-01-2015 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Update post

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    The Dark and light option wasn't very good, and this is the medium option, before & after "Simplicify"

one-pass-Stanley-medium-pre-simplicify.jpg one-pass-Stanley-medium-after-simplicify.jpg

Mike
    PS Maybe you need to reset the white balance if you are changing the object characteristics, aka bright, medium, dark, etc

I tried 10-12 scans today but i had no quality result.
    I did reset white balance many times.
    My best scan was in free mode , the closest i could to the object with the room lights off ....
    Tomorrow i will 'play' more
    Maybe my object is too small (5cm X 5,5cm)

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Hi again airguy,

i've just finished two scans, with the lights off, but calibrated once, and the same setting with all the previous scans, and this is the medium option, same as the last post, and it's a bit better by quite a way.
    I'm using a twin LED uplighter in an etched or frosted glass bowl in a white room.

one-pass-Stanley-medium-pre-simplicify-no-room-lights.jpg one-pass-Stanley-medium-after-simplicify-no-room-lights.jpg This object is 76x76x32 mm

What is really interesting, is the scanner is picking up visual information now, as the lettering on the tape measure is just a smooth label. I haven't opened the model in Meshlab, 3D Coat or my CAD software yet, as I haven't saved a scan until I get better quality. This is almost as good as the Captain America demo piece from Shining3D

Mike
    PS I've just done a compare with the previous version, and it's definitely a light levels issue. I only noticed the scanner goes through a red, blue & green unphase mask mode now too, and I think the projected light from these LEDs is easily overcome by the room lighting.
    Last edited by 24c; 09-01-2015 at 12:58 PM.

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Just playing at doing test scans, same subject matter, but dark outside. I decided to recalibrate with the lights off, and the lower light levels appear to be working. Using medium subject option, with low res to get the "texture" option, and here's some screenshots. I think you'll agree the "quality" is better.

One pass, then two pass

white-balance-test.jpg recal-one-pass-Stanley-pre-simplicify.jpg recal-one-pass-Stanley-after-simplicify.jpg second-pas-recal-stanley-pre-simplicify.jpg

Mike

PS I found using the turntable, as it does 8 steps by default to put the main side at around 45º to the camera, that way you get three passes of good resolution...makes difference, anybody else think the same?

24c try this one and tell me about the color result.
    Calibrate white balance with the room lights closed and then scan with the room lights on.
    That way on my items , i had better details on the textures .
    I didn't try yet the opposite.
    Please try and let me know what you think .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast