Close

Page 296 of 411 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Are the stepper motors used on the X & Y the same as the ones used on the extruders? In other words are they interchangeable?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Wow, how will you live with that single adjuster knob on the front. :-) Thinking you said before that you preferred 2 knobs in front.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Well, took the plunge but got a great deal on a FF Creator Pro - couldn't resist - having to much fun with this. Guess I'll hanger the RC Helo's for now!!

Pretty nice printer but there are some things right away that I like better on the QIDI. The side panels are are not see through and the left on can not be removed because the limit switch is part of the panel. This can probably be changed by making a new mount. The right side panel is free to come off. The front door swings to the left pretty good but I haven't figured out how to take it off yet.

Spool mounts are ok but could be better. The filament holder for tubes is desperate for improvement. This is my first big print!!

Front control panel is angeled up so it is easier to see. Top plexiglass is one piece but have not tried it yet.

Bed is very similar to the QIDI, actually most of the innards are.

First test print from SD card in PLA came out nice.

The included software seems capable with features but I haven't tried it. It's called flash print but is probably a Cura version.

Has responded fine to S3D. This machine is destined to get the Flexion extruders, eventually.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Wow, how will you live with that single adjuster knob on the front. :-) Thinking you said before that you preferred 2 knobs in front.

I know --- that agony!! My method of leveling is to go back and forth between the two up front until dialed in then bring the back into align. I find it a little easier to do the two up front with the extruder easy to see and get to. Certainly not that big a deal.

I will say one thing I noticed right away is the knob would be better if it was dropped down some below the level of the outer edges of the platform to be easier to get at. The two in the back are a bit of a pain because they are in the corners and kind of pinched off by the edges of the bed. It's only because they are big. The springs seem a bit stiffer that the QIDI's so the platform seems pretty stable.

I am wondering which configuration would provide the most stable platform. Maybe it really doesn't matter.

Super Moderator
    It's 6 in one and half a dozen in the other really.

Those edges are one of the reasons I went to a flat carbon plate besides it being stiff as steel. Those big knobs are much better than the little metal thumb screws they used to use.

Engineer
    It's to windy out for the Helo's anyway!

I do need to look at the draw on these printers and get a battery backup. It's storm season and we get some power fluctuations that could kill a print.
    And now you could lose 3 at once! Do you already have one for your computer? Otherwise that's gonna be a really long extension cord.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    It's 6 in one and half a dozen in the other really.

Those edges are one of the reasons I went to a flat carbon plate besides it being stiff as steel. Those big knobs are much better than the little metal thumb screws they used to use.

The knobs are good. That is why I made ones for the QIDI to replace the wingnuts but mine drop down a ways for easier access.

I would like to get to a stiffer bed support though. I keep meaning to run by the local machine shop to see what they might charge to make up something. May be out of reach.

Do you think your plate will bolt in to a machine that already a 10mm setup? From the pics it looks like it should.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    And now you could lose 3 at once! Do you already have one for your computer? Otherwise that's gonna be a really long extension cord.

Yea, I run a massive one on my main computer but it draws a lot ... actually have then on all the computers.

Run a large one on all of the audio/video equipment also. It can only run the stuff for about 10-15 minutes but mainly it keep the power clean to avoid damage and gives enough time to shut equipment down if the power is out for more than a few minutes. Same for the computers.

Engineer
    Yea, I run a massive one on my main computer but it draws a lot ... actually have then on all the computers.

Run a large one on all of the audio/video equipment also. It can only run the stuff for about 10-15 minutes but mainly it keep the power clean to avoid damage and gives enough time to shut equipment down if the power is out for more than a few minutes. Same for the computers.
    Backup generator with auto start and auto switchover. Seems like an extravagance until the power goes out in the middle of the night in a snowstorm. Then it's not so much of an extravagance, particularly when the power stays out for 5 days.

Super Moderator
    The knobs are good. That is why I made ones for the QIDI to replace the wingnuts but mine drop down a ways for easier access.

I would like to get to a stiffer bed support though. I keep meaning to run by the local machine shop to see what they might charge to make up something. May be out of reach.

Do you think your plate will bolt in to a machine that already a 10mm setup? From the pics it looks like it should.
    Yes it should.

Super Moderator
    Challenge!!

While I wait for a response from QIDI.

I need to get a thermistor for the new printer. I broke the wire by mistake!!

It is probably a m3 type. It looks like the one for the Tech-1 but is smaller.

I see ones on eBay but am not sure if they are interchangeable!

Thanks for suggestions.

Page 296 of 411 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast