Close

Page 403 of 411 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 4110
    Technician
    So, I've had something new and a bit concerning happen lately. Maybe it's nothing.

The last few times I've turned on my printer, the music has been distorted. Sometimes there's a...hitch in the notes. That's new to me. The most recent time I've turned it on, instead of "beep da beep da beep beep beep" I got "beep da beep da beep beep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep".

Anyone heard this one before? Anything I should be concerned about?

Super Moderator
    Can you name that tune in 4 notes or less?

Technician
    I'm not a music person, so I'm going to go with "Smoke on the Water".

Super Moderator
    Ha, with a choice like that I think you are definitely a music person.

I don't think it is anything to worry about. I have honestly never realized it made a noise.

Figured out what was wrong - it wasn't a computer problem at all, but a mechanical problem. The belt was slipping in the plastic sled (it looked like the sled warped with the heat) so the head wasn't being moved consistently. I jury-rigged a fix by adding masking tape underneath the plastic piece that screws onto the sled and bites into the belt, and so far it's been printing correctly. Hopefully QIDI Tech CS will send me a replacement sled just in case.

Super Moderator
    Also check ebay for QIDI the part is cheap.

Technician
    Welp, looks like my bed heater has gone out. Just sits at 18c no matter what I do. Contact my friends from QIDI, did a couple things, and now am apparently going to be waiting on parts.

While I wait the (presumed) weeks to get the replacements, does anyone have any other suggestions on what to check? How about printing with a cool bed?

Super Moderator
    They were pretty quick for me on one.
    I think you could do PLA ok. May take some work. Google PLA and no heated bed.

Technician
    I didn't want to mess with things since I'd finally gotten the damned thing 100% dialed in for ABS. But I tried one with PLA, didn't even have to level the bed, and it's printing perfectly.

Call that one a win...

Super Moderator
    Nice one!

I was printing along last night and came back to a dark printer! No power. I thought well, it has worn out. It has printed a lot in a year. It is about to get some upgrades so I figured i'd just pull it apart and figure it out then. Then I had the bright idea to check the fuse. What do you know. The fuse had actually broken. One of the end caps had come loose. New fuse and back in business.
    Always start with the most obvious, simple stuff when trouble shooting.

Page 403 of 411 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405 ... LastLast