Close

Page 4 of 411 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Hi. I am glad to find this forum. I just ordered a qidi printer - should be here next week. I saw mainly positive reviews about it and it was at the top of the price range I can handle. Hopefully I don't regret it! Now I am trying to figure out the best software to explore before it arrives. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    I received my QIDI Tech printer on Nov. 4th 2015 assembled it and did my first prints the next day. Followed the included directions and my first prints with PLA came out perfectly.
    Have mostly printed filament guides and spindle adapters for the printer with great success so far.
    I am very happy with it. Hope to see more post here about others experience.

Good to hear! Mine was shipped Friday, I think, and should hopefully be here the end of the week or so.

How do I switch the power supply to 120 volts? The manual on the SD card has a great picture of a red switch on the power supply, but when I look at the power supply on the bottom there is no red switch and no obvious way to remove the power supply. I am waiting to hear back from them, but any suggestions? Thank you!

The instructions don't really mention it but I removed the screws from the bottom so I could get a better view of the power supply.
    The red switch is on the side of the power supply. You will need a screwdriver with a straight blade tip to slide the red switch to 110v.
    I think the screws on the bottom where small phillips head.

Thank you! Strange that they wouldn't have mentioned needing to remove the bottom plate to switch the voltage, but other than that the instructions are pretty good. I am looking forward to trying it later now that it is all ready to go.

So.. I have been having a bit of trouble as the software included doesn't seem to work with my MacBook, but my Astrobox arrived yesterday and it seems to work great! (Well, it is still on the first print, but I am excited!). I used a 'Creator Pro' profile to set it up. The power plug included with the Astrobox failed, but other than that set up was good and printing from my iPad to the qidi worked great

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    The instructions don't really mention it but I removed the screws from the bottom so I could get a better view of the power supply.
    The red switch is on the side of the power supply. You will need a screwdriver with a straight blade tip to slide the red switch to 110v.
    I think the screws on the bottom where small phillips head.
    Just to let you guys know - you don't have to remove the bottom plate to change the voltage. Simply peer inside one of the ventilation slats on the bottom with a flashlight, and flick the switch with a long screwdriver or something. But I agree, a better explanation in the instructions would be beneficial.

Overall, I am very happy with the build quality and value of the printer. I just found the prints to be quite lacking in quality. Apparently, if you upgrade the firmware to Sailfish 7.6, the prints are DRASTICALLY improved. Trying it out right now, but getting stuck on the last step. Anyone else tried doing this yet??

I'm all windows 10 so did my first print with RepG and also tried MakerWare but quickly made the switch to Simplify3D and did't look back. BTW Simplify3D works with Macs.
    Just finished adding a glass build plate so will see how that works. Some of my first builds where Filament guides and filament spool adapters. Which helped prevent filament tangles.
    I was looking at the Astrobox site last night and was thinking about building one. So I would definitely be interested in your Astrobox experience.

I figured you might be possible to get to it without removing the bottom but it was pretty easy to remove the bottom. Plus I wanted to see what was under there.
    Can't help you with Sailfish install but wonder if it works for us. I've had a few bad builds but have had several very good builds to.

Page 4 of 411 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast