Close

Page 360 of 411 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370410 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 4110
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Here is a good blurb on it:

So, you know no that sailfish is not an option, that doesn't mean you cannot calibrate.
    these variations in hardness. For example, ABS is significantly softer than PLA and so significantly different adjustments may be needed for ABS versus PLA. This will, of course, depend upon the geometry of the pinch gear and how capable it is of biting into the filament.
    Thank you W, that blurb makes a great deal of info fall into place. Particularly the part about the hardness of the filament changing the geometry of the pinch gear system. Obvious once you understand...

Engineer-in-Training
    You are missing the point. That applies to Marlin machines that use straight G-Code. Sailfish does not store steps settings in the firmware. With X3G-consuming printers, the steps per mm is done during the X3G generation, and all the movements in the X3G are expressed in terms of steps rather than mm.

Check this out. http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...nter-READ-THIS
    Ok, so sailfish does not store those things in the firmware...but it does use gcode correct?
    Then why is giving cgode commands directly to the machine only an option with marlin?

If the only adjustment I have for over/under extrusion is the multiplier in the slicer then I am screwed. Up to 1.25 now and still only about 75-80% of first layer is there....lots of gaps.

At least it it not so humid today...not needing 1/8th inch thick coat of glue to get things to stick lol.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Thank you W, that blurb makes a great deal of info fall into place. Particularly the part about the hardness of the filament changing the geometry of the pinch gear system. Obvious once you understand...
    Pretty much confused me ... but made some sense.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Ok, so sailfish does not store those things in the firmware...but it does use gcode correct?
    Then why is giving cgode commands directly to the machine only an option with marlin?

If the only adjustment I have for over/under extrusion is the multiplier in the slicer then I am screwed. Up to 1.25 now and still only about 75-80% of first layer is there....lots of gaps.

At least it it not so humid today...not needing 1/8th inch thick coat of glue to get things to stick lol.
    Because the printer uses X3G not G-Code. The steps are done during code generation. To change the default steps you would need to create a custom X3G profile. From reading this is a pain and should not be necessary.

I kept thinking I needed to redo the extruder steps but everything says no for Sailfish printers.

What keeps getting stressed is filament diameter.

If you are changing the multiplier that much something else is up. This could be things like the gear in the extruder has been changed to a different one. It is slipping thus throwing off the rate. Wrong size nozzle set.

Could be not hot enough for print speed.

Others can for sure comment much better.

Engineer-in-Training
    I typically take 4 messurement tests per 1Kg roll of material. Each test is done over 1 meter of filament with 40 messurments taken and averaged.
    edit: to clarify a bit, I take readings at 20 spots along the meter of filament, but 2 per spot, to catch any potential ovalness in the filament.
    This is a new spool so I have only done the initial test, but should be close enough.

I have got the right nozzle size set, have double checked that about 100 times during all this lol.
    I have verified the gear is not slipping.
    I did change feed gears in the middle of all this, both gears are exact diameter and width, the only diff is one is low-profile teeth. Both feed gears exhibit the same behavior though.

Have yall seen this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ls3B97IHyg
    Found this last night...kinda a different approach to the cali-cube.
    What yall think of that?...

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse

Have yall seen this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ls3B97IHyg
    Found this last night...kinda a different approach to the cali-cube.
    What yall think of that?...

Waste of time really.

You have some procedural or mechanical issues if enough filament isn't laying down correctly at 1.25 multiplier.

Don't get other types of machine control software mixed up with a Sailfish controlled Rep 1 clone.

Dam, I would be too.
    I thought it was bad enough when they sent me a brand new hot end and I had to go into the bottom to unplug the old and plug in the new. At least that was only once.
    I have to say though that their service has been great though. They are always right on top of things.

Gotta say, after having 4 drivers go out, the mobo go out, and the HBP lead go out...all in the first year (10months actually) of purchasing the machine....I am kinda envious of those machines with mobo mounted on exterior and easy to get to lmao =)
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

If you are using OctoPrint you send the gcode to the OctoPi which further confuses the issue of x3g and gcode for the printer. LOL

Because the printer uses X3G not G-Code. The steps are done during code generation. To change the default steps you would need to create a custom X3G profile. From reading this is a pain and should not be necessary.

I kept thinking I needed to redo the extruder steps but everything says no for Sailfish printers.

What keeps getting stressed is filament diameter.

If you are changing the multiplier that much something else is up. This could be things like the gear in the extruder has been changed to a different one. It is slipping thus throwing off the rate. Wrong size nozzle set.

Could be not hot enough for print speed.

Others can for sure comment much better.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Engineer-in-Training
    So...what the hell are you supposed to do when your calibration block shows signs of both under & over extrusion lol.....

edit:
    I so should have kept my mouth shut about the humidity being down yesterday... Mother nature decided to prove me wrong! So thick n sticky today. I may not even bother turning the machine on today.
    Last edited by Syd_Khaos; 10-17-2016 at 09:42 AM.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Some pictures would help. :-)

So...what the hell are you supposed to do when your calibration block shows signs of both under & over extrusion lol.....

edit:
    I so should have kept my mouth shut about the humidity being down yesterday... Mother nature decided to prove me wrong! So thick n sticky today. I may not even bother turning the machine on today.

Page 360 of 411 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370410 ... LastLast