Close

Page 350 of 411 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352360400 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 4110
    Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
    Unfortunately, the spool from our friends at QIDI was miswound, so it eventually hit a point where it wouldn't feed because it was bound up in the spool.

Grr...
    I have still never hit this issue with any type of filament but I was aware of the stock setup being able to jam the roll with the spool holder and I stopped using it a long time ago. In my drybox setup I've only had it unwind oddly off the spool to where it almost wraps fully around the spool next to it. It will still continue to print even when unwinding oddly but I can see more pressure is being applied to the feed line.

Are you using the stock filament holder on the rear of the printer?

Technician
    Yes, and honestly, it's the single biggest complaint I have on this model. This is the first time I've had a tangled spool issue, but just otherwise and in general I find loading and feeding filament being a huuuuuuuuuuuge pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    Where do you buy this one?
    It looks good that is for sure.
    i got it off jfkansas he is in this group.
    send him a message if your interested
    i am very very happy with the upgrade and for me it was pretty ezy to install

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
    I used orange Hatchbox PLA. Standard S3D high settings, 205/60 on the temperatures. I'm thinking the high probably isn't totally necessary on a piece like this.

The pictures here are without any sort of cleanup, but apart from taking care of some strings at the bottom and in one of the eyes I don't see doing much.

I realize I forgot to include anything for scale, but he's six inches tall and has a diameter of about five inches.

Annoyingly enough, I can't direct upload a picture? Weird. So, here it is:

I put an LED candle inside the guy and shut the lights off and it actually looks really cool. I'll probably do some more with a weaker infill to speed it up, and to make light shine through a bit better.
    Attachment 9655

The real annoyance is that I've got a full kilogram of white ABS (and another of gold) and I can't seem to do anything with it successfully.

I have tried a couple of these "monsters" and yes they are monsters right now! and part way into printing his feet one or two will come loose. I am going to try a multiple process print and slow the speed way down on the feet until they are all attached when it gets higher. I guess the other option is a raft.

Technician
    Something I've noticed, and no, I have no idea what it means, is that my skirts are crap about 75% of the time. Don't stick, get dragged around, whatever. But when it comes time to lay down the actual base of the actual print, all is good.

And continuing the saga, my PLA print of the tentacles for holding an iPad is at 44% and is looking good.

I've noticed that while the Blue Hawk blue tape has to be glued up to get PLA to stick, it seems to do a great job of getting PLA to adhere to it - no alcohol required.

So, that's nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren O'neill View Post
    i got it off jfkansas he is in this group.
    send him a message if your interested
    i am very very happy with the upgrade and for me it was pretty ezy to install
    It's a nice looking kit and worthwhile if you don't have the 10mm Z-Axis rods.

Super Moderator
    The QIDI is back up and running with the new bed "stabilizer"! No more slop between the heated bed and the platform. Seems better watching it print.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    The QIDI is back up and running with the new bed "stabilizer"! No more slop between the heated bed and the platform. Seems better watching it print.
    Is it just the plastic piece that sits on top of the bed arm and rear Z-axis stabilizer bar? Looks effective and should be an easy upgrade for others if the files are available.

Engineer-in-Training
    Anyone know a good spot to get PVC stickers for cheap that is in USA??

Got something I need to get done, don't really have time to wait for a sticker from Qidi. I looked around a bit but I see $8-10....kinda steep going up from $3.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Anyone know a good spot to get PVC stickers for cheap that is in USA??

Got something I need to get done, don't really have time to wait for a sticker from Qidi. I looked around a bit but I see $8-10....kinda steep going up from $3.
    How many are you looking for? I ordered them in bulk at ~$3 a pop and might be able to help out.

Page 350 of 411 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352360400 ... LastLast