Close

Page 341 of 411 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351391 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 4110
    Technician
    OK. So.

I had my clogged arm - it's the plastic piece with the hole at the top that has the lever at the end. Qidi is sending me a replacement - presumably just for that piece. So, since I had a replacement on the way I decided to really put some effort into it, got a bigger drill bit, and opened up the hole. The problem was, basically, I had a C-shaped piece still in there, and it didn't leave enough room for a piece of 1.75mm filament to go through.

I reassembled, did a filament load, and filament flowed normally.

Then I tried to print, and ended up with a mess. A little getting laid down, and a lot getting dragged all over the place. Re-leveled. Tried again. Same thing.

I did that a few times, all spectacular failures.

Then I did a print from the left printhead. And it's looking pretty close to perfect.

So, any thoughts on what I could have wrong with the right printhead? I can't have it mis-leveled or anything. At least I can't see HOW I could manage that.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
    OK. So.

I had my clogged arm - it's the plastic piece with the hole at the top that has the lever at the end. Qidi is sending me a replacement - presumably just for that piece. So, since I had a replacement on the way I decided to really put some effort into it, got a bigger drill bit, and opened up the hole. The problem was, basically, I had a C-shaped piece still in there, and it didn't leave enough room for a piece of 1.75mm filament to go through.

I reassembled, did a filament load, and filament flowed normally.

Then I tried to print, and ended up with a mess. A little getting laid down, and a lot getting dragged all over the place. Re-leveled. Tried again. Same thing.

I did that a few times, all spectacular failures.

Then I did a print from the left printhead. And it's looking pretty close to perfect.

So, any thoughts on what I could have wrong with the right printhead? I can't have it mis-leveled or anything. At least I can't see HOW I could manage that.

Using the filament load function, does the problem right printhead seem to extrude normally? Any clicking sounds? Temperature numbers OK? Typically the R and L nozzles are at SLIGHTLY different elevations, so that might be an issue. Do R and L have the same material loaded? Are the settings the same in S3D or whatever slicer you are using?

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Here is a cube I am doing, trying to dial in some Hatchbox ABS. The pics are of the same spot on the cube from different angles.
    ABS - 210
    Bed 90
    QIDI Tech-1 fully enclosed
    S3D
    This is the corner set for start points. I have been turning down the temp to see if this will go away or reduce but it is not.
    I am ran a print with start point optimized to see how that did and that spot is better but still there.

Is that warping and lifting off the bed while printing?

When I run the bed at 110 for ABS that does not happen but if I drop it any I get the same thing. Warping.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Here is a cube I am doing, trying to dial in some Hatchbox ABS. The pics are of the same spot on the cube from different angles.
    ABS - 210
    Bed 90
    QIDI Tech-1 fully enclosed
    S3D
    This is the corner set for start points. I have been turning down the temp to see if this will go away or reduce but it is not.
    I am ran a print with start point optimized to see how that did and that spot is better but still there.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Technician
    Seems to extrude normally. Definitely no clicking sounds. Temperatures look good. They don't have exactly the same material (both Hatchbox PLA, different colors), but close. I'm using S3D, and I'm doing same settings, apart from swapping nozzles.

Super Moderator
    I am looking at the corners of the cube as you go from top to bottom on the bottom 1/4 you can see how it is sucked in like someone put a heat gun on that spot. I am not worried about lifting from the bed but more the deformed spot.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Is that warping and lifting off the bed while printing?

Super Moderator
    I am not worried about the little bit of lifting but more the deformed part of the bottom 1/4 of the corner. It only does this on one side.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    When I run the bed at 110 for ABS that does not happen but if I drop it any I get the same thing. Warping.

Super Moderator
    I would guess that nozzle is to high.
    When I level the nozzles to the heat bar I still have to shim the extruder on the gantry to get them at an equal height from the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
    Seems to extrude normally. Definitely no clicking sounds. Temperatures look good. They don't have exactly the same material (both Hatchbox PLA, different colors), but close. I'm using S3D, and I'm doing same settings, apart from swapping nozzles.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    What does the top of that cube look like? Is it 100% infill? Why is it so tall? A calibration cube is supposed to be 20x20x10. It is helpful to note which axis is which.

Temp is about 20c too low for ABS. Bed is about right. May need to use slurry to keep it stuck.

Super Moderator
    The top is ok but it is not at 100% yet. It is a 20X20X20, I keep forgetting to cut it down! Orientation would be as I am facing the printer this deformed area is the right rear corner.
    At first I thought it was because I had selected specific start point for the extruder but when I re-ran it with optimized selected it still did it but not as bad however then I get the saw-tooth effect on the corners of the cube! Another issue to deal with.

I switched back to a Makergeeks white ABS last night and am running the cube again and I think I am not getting this issue. I will be able to start testing later.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    What does the top of that cube look like? Is it 100% infill? Why is it so tall? A calibration cube is supposed to be 20x20x10. It is helpful to note which axis is which.

Temp is about 20c too low for ABS. Bed is about right. May need to use slurry to keep it stuck.

Page 341 of 411 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351391 ... LastLast