Close

Page 338 of 411 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348388 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Is anyone using Hatchbox ABS? I got some in and running it at the similar settings to what I use for Makergeeks ABS and it looks to be over extruding. My test cube is bulging on the top. I am going to run another one reducing the extrusion multiplier from 1 to .95 and see how it goes.

Another question - I am hearing some people talk about dropping back to using the profile for the replicator 1 dual on the QIDI and Flashforge creator pro that they are getting better results. Any thoughts on this?

Super Moderator
    Ok, so one more question. Sort of hypothetical -
    This is a simple question which is if I were to set the filament diameter to 1.73 for a 1.75 filament would this potentially cause a slight over extrusion as opposed setting it to 1.77 for a 1.75 cause a slight under extrusion assuming the filament is actually 1.75? This is just a hypothetical.

Technician
    I have PLA nailed, but I have yet to do anything other than produce a tip-hugging blob when using ABS.

230 on extrusion, 110 on the bed. I am using painter's tape so that I can actually get my PLA stuff off the bed (it was HARD to get stuff off without it).

However, PLA simply will not adhere. Period. I've leveled the bed when the bed was at 110. Same leveling process I use with PLA.

There a trick I'm missing?

NOTE: I've had some luck with a gluestick, but the stuff I'm getting looks like craaaaaaaaaap. Like, missing lines all over the place on my first layer and such.
    Last edited by Merijeek; 09-27-2016 at 10:20 PM.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Ok, so one more question. Sort of hypothetical -
    This is a simple question which is if I were to set the filament diameter to 1.73 for a 1.75 filament would this potentially cause a slight over extrusion as opposed setting it to 1.77 for a 1.75 cause a slight under extrusion assuming the filament is actually 1.75? This is just a hypothetical.
    Yes but that is not what the filament diameter is for. In all the variable best guess settings, average filament diameter is the one thing you can put a hard number to. You should be using Extrusion multiplier to make any adjustments.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    The profiles for Rep 1, Flashforge CP, QIDI, Microcenter Power Spec, etc are all essentially the same.

Is anyone using Hatchbox ABS? I got some in and running it at the similar settings to what I use for Makergeeks ABS and it looks to be over extruding. My test cube is bulging on the top. I am going to run another one reducing the extrusion multiplier from 1 to .95 and see how it goes.

Another question - I am hearing some people talk about dropping back to using the profile for the replicator 1 dual on the QIDI and Flashforge creator pro that they are getting better results. Any thoughts on this?

I slow down the extrusion rate on the Hatchbox ABS as it. I print it at 220c 110c bed temp.
    I didn't change any profiles.
    I've been using S3D for a couple weeks now and it allows better control.
    My Soultech ABS I run 230c and 110c temps at 1.72 for filament dimensions.

Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

For ABS I use the QIDI sticker with glue.
    I got a tip on here that works for PLA as well.
    Apply a layer of glue while cold. Then preheat the bed and one more layer hot then print.
    Sticks well and comes off easy once cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
    I have PLA nailed, but I have yet to do anything other than produce a tip-hugging blob when using ABS.

230 on extrusion, 110 on the bed. I am using painter's tape so that I can actually get my PLA stuff off the bed (it was HARD to get stuff off without it).

However, PLA simply will not adhere. Period. I've leveled the bed when the bed was at 110. Same leveling process I use with PLA.

NOTE: I've had some luck with a gluestick, but the stuff I'm getting looks like craaaaaaaaaap. Like, missing lines all over the place on my first layer and such.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Technician

Sounds like you may have the side fan on. That messed my ABS up big time.

Try rubbing your painter's tape down with alcohol. It sticks way too well for PLA, but for ABS, it might be just right. Don't use to much, though, or the tape will wrinkle. Just a little bit on a paper towel.

Super Moderator
    I just read where someone said for ABS to get rid of the painters tape and do the purple glue stick, put it on a cold bed so not to use to much.

Personally, I use a glass bed and hair spray and have pretty good luck with ABS adhesion.

Super Moderator
    Thanks and yea I understand on the extrusion multiplier! This was more a hypothetical to see if I was understanding what could be a result of the value used for diameter.

For instance my new roll is measuring 1.73 - 1.74 so I am thinking that if I go 1.73 and see a bit of over extrusion then 1.74 may be better (maybe .01 isn't enough to make a difference). Would that be a safe assumption?

Again not trying to tune with diameter but just to understand how the setting can affect things.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Yes but that is not what the filament diameter is for. In all the variable best guess settings, average filament diameter is the one thing you can put a hard number to. You should be using Extrusion multiplier to make any adjustments.

Page 338 of 411 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348388 ... LastLast