Close

Page 304 of 411 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314354404 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    3/16" is the best compromise. 1/8 glass just didn't feel substantial enough to pry on. 1/4" was overkill.

Super Moderator
    I think I am using 1/4" but I will have to measure to be sure - could be 3/16". I would also stay away from 1/8" for the same reasons.

I bought from that Mcmaster I think and it is not exactly the same size as the build plate. Also got some off eBay and it is not the same size either, it's slightly narrow side to side and front to back it overhangs the plate. I think the QIDI build plate is slightly different size because the glass fits perfect on the FlashForge creator Pro build plate. Not a big deal though.

Technician
    Hey all,

Just got the new metal spool holders from Qidi Tech for my early 2016 Qidi Tech printer. Problem is, I can't seem to install them. How do they mate to the printer chassis? My printer currently has the black plastic hollow rod with large plastic nuts on either end.

3/16" does seem to be the best of both worlds with strength to size ratio. I am going to order a plate tonight.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

The outer screw goes into the back panel of the printer.
    The large round parts are to keep the reel from falling out. I will get pictures for you tomorrow of them.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Super Moderator
    He may have a different style spool holder. I have seen similar ones as he describes on Thingiverse.

Hello guys,

I have been not been following this thread for a while, so I ask your pardon if what I write has been reported already (have not read the last 150 posts ).

I only print in PLA, and I am using a couple removable glass plates as a bed (nothing fancy, some small bathroom mirrors bought in a local hardware store).

What I wanted to say, is that a couple months ago I bought one of these:
    http://shop.3dfilaprint.com/printbit...face-166-c.asp
    and well... Wow.

I quit using anything else, hairspray, whatever. I bought a big one and cut it in half, it is self-adhesive, and I just attached it to 2 of the mirrors I used.

I can just say that it is amazing. It sticks perfectly when the bed is hot, then when the print finishes I remove it, put in the second one and start another print, after a while come back when it has become coldish, and the print comes off like a breeze.
    In particular, I had problems with flat parts, that stick too much to the plate, now the removal part of the printing is just not a step at all, I just pick it off.

Also, I just give it a very fast pass with some white alcohol, and it is ready for next time. When I did not have time, I even just put on the bed without cleaning it, and it worked just as well.

Really, it is such an amazing improvement, in particular for the price, that it's another world.

hope this helps somebody,

have a nice day!

Marco

P.S.: I use PLA only. No idea how it behaves with ABS or anything else, and won't be testing those anytime soon.

Super Moderator
    Yea! My 3DHubs, Hub got approved today! Maybe I can offset more costs now! This will be interesting and hopefully educational.

Very cool. Post a link to your stuff when you can.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Yea! My 3DHubs, Hub got approved today! Maybe I can offset more costs now! This will be interesting and hopefully educational.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    Very cool. Post a link to your stuff when you can.

I think this is how you can get to my hub.

https://www.3dhubs.com/oklahoma-city/hubs/oksharpei

Page 304 of 411 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314354404 ... LastLast