Close

Page 103 of 411 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Na it isn't really as bad, but the mods I make to my printers take time. Direct wiring the build plate power (+) directly to the power supply is most important. Do the math on this. 24v / 2ohm build plate. that is 12 amps flowing through a plug that on its best day is rated for 7 amps.

I've been wanting to put the adjusters on the outside corners for many moons. I don't have time to make the mod on this printer, but I want to switch to 4mm bolts for the levelers. The holes are 4mm and just need to be slightly enlarged and countersunk to allow 4mm bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by kaznad View Post
    Thanks KludgeGuru!, I'll test it out later today.
    Though there is not much topics in the Thingiverse Group, pinned it just in case.

Damn, that looks good. But it looks like a lot of work to get it disassembled though.

Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    I do have the issue of the rear Y-Axis rod being bent and I fear it is causing issues as the machine has developed a creaking when printing but it hasn't affected print quality too much from what I can tell. I greased all the rods/bearings properly with Super Lube and clean them if they accumulate too much grime but the creaking seems to be happening in the rear right corner of my machine. I will most likely contact QIDI support shortly as I just received the machine and I am willing to disassemble and correct the issue if there is a faulty bearing, etc. Video has been captured of the sound + movement in Y-Axis rod but hasn't been uploaded yet.
    I also have a creaking sound on part of the Y axis which sounds like it is coming from the back right corner. I haven't found the cause yet. Did you manage to fix this?

Hi Guys,

I have my OctoPi set-up to do "auto" bed levelling. So I just choose the point and it moves to the same exact point every single time. For me, it makes the bed levelling so much easier as I just tap on my phone the points and double check them.

2016-04-18 23_09_50-OctoPrint.jpg
    If anyone using Octopi wants to do this, let me know I'll post it up.

Also some bad news for me, I received my Maghold platform. The platform and the spring plate were both dented at the top left side. I have emailed their customer support, hopefully they will reply with a agreeable solution.

Super Moderator
    How is that better than moving the print head by hand? Nothing really "Auto" about it, you still have to turn the leveling nuts to adjust.

Hi Guys,

I have my OctoPi set-up to do "auto" bed levelling. So I just choose the point and it moves to the same exact point every single time. For me, it makes the bed levelling so much easier as I just tap on my phone the points and double check them.

2016-04-18 23_09_50-OctoPrint.jpg
    If anyone using Octopi wants to do this, let me know I'll post it up.

Also some bad news for me, I received my Maghold platform. The platform and the spring plate were both dented at the top left side. I have emailed their customer support, hopefully they will reply with a agreeable solution.
    I feel for you and why I think these sellers need to start shipping in wooden crates instead of cardboard. Sort of like they do for the marble/granite surface plates. Seriously, the shipping companies are horrible in the USA and insurance doesn't matter. Try and get a payout from UPS it is almost impossible these days.

Sometimes it is the company that sent something bent/dented but most times it is the shipping company's employees having fun with it. At the very least a thin aluminum plate and the employee chunks a 75 pound item onto it and at the right angle (like my frame) it ends it.

Hi . I am printing with pla at 210-40 ,

At half working process the extruder stop extrude . And no extrusion happend

It is frequent happend when i using pla ,

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    How is that better than moving the print head by hand? Nothing really "Auto" about it, you still have to turn the leveling nuts to adjust.
    That's why the "auto" is in inverted commas. Haha.
    For me, my printer is on the floor, so I have to bend down and look to see if the wingnut is directly over the nozzle and adjust. So this makes my job easier, I just have to adjust the wingnut. Or maybe I am too lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    I feel for you and why I think these sellers need to start shipping in wooden crates instead of cardboard. Sort of like they do for the marble/granite surface plates. Seriously, the shipping companies are horrible in the USA and insurance doesn't matter. Try and get a payout from UPS it is almost impossible these days.

Sometimes it is the company that sent something bent/dented but most times it is the shipping company's employees having fun with it. At the very least a thin aluminum plate and the employee chunks a 75 pound item onto it and at the right angle (like my frame) it ends it.
    Ya man, I hope at the very least they send me a replacement spring sheet. I can try to file the aluminium block to make it smooth again.

Super Moderator
    It doesn't have to be directly over the leveling screw. Close counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and bed leveling position. :-)

For me, my printer is on the floor, so I have to bend down and look to see if the wingnut is directly over the nozzle and adjust. So this makes my job easier, I just have to adjust the wingnut. Or maybe I am too lazy.

Ya man, I hope at the very least they send me a replacement spring sheet. I can try to file the aluminium block to make it smooth again.

The thing is you could file it but you shouldn't have to and I know I wouldn't. Lets hope they make it right for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    The thing is you could file it but you shouldn't have to and I know I wouldn't. Lets hope they make it right for you.
    They have great support and should have no problem replacing the part. I got a badly cut spring steel sheet that didn't quite fit right and they sent me another one along with a free buildtak sheet.

Page 103 of 411 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast