Close

Page 9 of 411 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    FeloGreen I emailed QIDI Tech about the changes to there latest model and if I could make some of the updateds to mine.
    They said extruder is different but would sell me a new one for $55. Actually not a bad deal. They also said they went to a new chip on the controller board but my board has the same firmware.
    Could you do me a favor and take photos of all of the different menu screens you have so I can compare them to mine.
    Mine dose not say any thing about Qidi Tech or Sailfish like yours does.

Thanks
    Sorry for taking my time, holidays.... you know. Here are the pics. Let me know if you need anymore. Just scrolled through the Utilities menu.
    Main.jpgUtilities 3.jpgUtilities 1.jpgUtilities 2.jpgUtilities 4.jpg

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Geesh View Post
    Ok so I played around with it a bit more. Looks like using the Flashforge Creator Pro print profile, it thinks the bed is larger than it is. Here's the bed leveling wizard trying to line up the right side vs the left side. The left side seems fine, right however is a totally different story.

Also, when printing, after it cleans the tip, it lays down a stringy mess that doesnt adhere to the bed. Same temp and settings that I used in the ReplicatorG software which worked perfectly. PLA at 205º and bed temp at 60º. I used the glue stick method that I always use as well, no dice.
    The Flashforge has exactly the same size build plate. I use Qidi Tech built in bed leveling which works just fine. I've have used Simplify3D from day one so don't have a lot of experience with the other free software out there. Your temps are what I run except I have glass build plates and use Aquanet hairspray.

Quote Originally Posted by FeloGreen View Post
    Sorry for taking my time, holidays.... you know. Here are the pics. Let me know if you need anymore. Just scrolled through the Utilities menu.
    Thanks for doing that there are a few different menus from mine so obviously there is a slight diffrence.

Odd, ok then. I've emailed their support in hopes that they can help identify the problem.

What firmware type and GPX profile did you all use in the process settings under GCode? Mine is listed as MakerBot/Sailfish Firmware with GPX profile os Replicator 1 - dual extruder.

Quote Originally Posted by Geesh View Post
    Odd, ok then. I've emailed their support in hopes that they can help identify the problem.
    Go back to RepG and see if it is still working. Also use the Qidi Tech builtin bed leveling using just a piece of note paper between the nozzles and build plate.
    Mine is also MakerBot/Sailfish Firmware with GPX profile os Replicator 1 - dual extruder.

Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    Go back to RepG and see if it is still working. Also use the Qidi Tech builtin bed leveling using just a piece of note paper between the nozzles and build plate.
    Mine is also MakerBot/Sailfish Firmware with GPX profile os Replicator 1 - dual extruder.
    Yeah RepG works just as it always has. I shot an email to Simplify3D support. I'm clearly missing something here.

Those two short tube are PTFE and they are in the extruders to prevent heat traveling up the extruder and melting the filament prematurely. With out the PTFE the filament will kink up and jam. You need to keep those in case you need to unclog the extruder and they become damaged.

I just got my QiDi today and hope to contribute to this thread.

That cube is a calibration cube that should measure 10mm x 10mm x10mm when it's done. It's not a bad idea to start with it to make sure the printer is properly calibrated.
    I also had problems getting my objects unstuck from the blue build pad and that's why I switched to glass and hairspray.
    I've now added Qidi's cooling fan to my extruders and I'm able to control it through Simplify3D settings. It does help my prints and so far I've tried it with PLA and PETG.
    I will be doing a post on adding the factory cooling fan to an earlier model Qidi Tech soon.

Page 9 of 411 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast