Close

Page 389 of 411 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 4110
    Technician
    Thanks for your help. Can you give more details about your platform kit? I know you mentioned in PM to look at the past posts and I did. All I could find is satisfied customers saying they liked it. Good tip about using 1/4" for 3/16" making sure I loosen the screws extra.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    It's so close it isn't to be worried about. Yes 3/16" is a nice compromise between 1/4 and 1/8. 1/4 is good but is overkill. I feel 1/8 is a little weak once you start wrestling with a stuck print. Glass is glass, it will break if stressed too much.

You should be able to use a 1/4" spacer for 3/16". Just unscrew the levelers a little more.

My platform kit comes with spacer for glass and no glass.

Thanks. I will look into it. As long as I can get the drivers I am home free- right now it's just showing up in my device list as "unknown USB device." Is that always going to be the case? I really hope not. I use Simplify 3D for most of my printing. I just need the computer and the printer to be able to talk to one another.

Super Moderator
    All the driver does is create a port. So once the driver is installed you will need to determine what port the printer picks up when plugged in and then tell S3D what port to use. The printer will not show up itself.

Using S3D you can still print via SD card. I used to use USB but after time found I was using the SD cards more often. Especially after communication issues killed some long running prints.

Quote Originally Posted by Giandroid View Post
    Thanks. I will look into it. As long as I can get the drivers I am home free- right now it's just showing up in my device list as "unknown USB device." Is that always going to be the case? I really hope not. I use Simplify 3D for most of my printing. I just need the computer and the printer to be able to talk to one another.

Technician
    To be safe, I would definitely just use SD card. Alternatively you can use Octoprint. Or you can use a Toshiba Aircard (not sure of the exact name) which lets you "beam" gcode files from your computer to the SD card in the machine.

This is all great, friends! Thanks. I will use that SD card. I have had communuation problems wirh previous printers so that's fine by me.

One question though: how do I get Simplify 3D to export the x3g format that the FlashForge uses?

Oh yea and I am on Windows 7, 64 bit.

Thanks for your prompt replies!

Technician
    Doesn't it do it automatically? When I export with S3D, I get a .gcode and a .x3g file. Two files total.

This is all great, friends! Thanks. I will use that SD card. I have had communuation problems wirh previous printers so that's fine by me.

One question though: how do I get Simplify 3D to export the x3g format that the FlashForge uses?

I found out where to enable it! It is in the "scripts" tab in the process settings. Mystery solved! Thanks again for all your help and prompt replies- I wull get back to you about my first prints.

Super Moderator
    Good to hear but if you selected the QIDI Tech as the profile it should have been set up.

One tip. Watch the lower left for a status of saving to the SD card. Give it plenty of time to finish.

If you are interested I started a group on facebook called QIDI 3D (I think that is it!) check it out and be like one of the first to join.

Also have one for the Flashforge printers called Flashforge 3D.

I found out where to enable it! It is in the "scripts" tab in the process settings. Mystery solved! Thanks again for all your help and prompt replies- I wull get back to you about my first prints.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by sygyzy View Post
    To be safe, I would definitely just use SD card. Alternatively you can use Octoprint. Or you can use a Toshiba Aircard (not sure of the exact name) which lets you "beam" gcode files from your computer to the SD card in the machine.
    The Toshiba Aircard has been working exceptionally well for me, but installation was a bit of guessing. Here is a link to info on it if you need more just message me..

http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ped-in-Windows

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO UPDATE THE DRIVERS ON YOUR QIDI TECH! YOU MAY BRICK YOUR MACHINE. The Qidi Tech uses a proprietary bios that will not allow for convential updating of the software. In order to change the firmware on the chip you will have to flash it and it is a very involved and risky process. I have detailed it earlier in my posts in this thread if you dare.

Page 389 of 411 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399 ... LastLast