Close

ToyRep 3D Printer

What happens when you combine affordable components with an ingenious design for a 3D Printer? You get the ToyRep 3D printer. The new machine, spawned out of the RepRap movement is able to be constructed using Super Cheap 28BYJ-48 Motors at a price pint of get this... $85! The design a product of a mad from the Czech Republic named Martin Hrib was inspired by a friend of his who asked him to help out on a project. Although the machine is a bit slow, the quality is extremely high, leading to very precise prints. More details on the new ToyRep 3D Printer can be found here: http://3dprint.com/89620/toyrep-3d-printer/

Below is a picture of the assembled ToyRep:

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Neat.
    Although you still need another 3d printer to make most of the bits.

Watched the print video. Not sure the filament should be coiled around the moving bed like that and the quality was suspect - despite the speed :-)
    But neat all the same :-)

when someone comes up with a cheapo little delta for similiar money - I might have a go.

Engineer-in-Training
    Those motors have a lot of tiny little plastic gears inside. That's most of the reason why they're cheap. I wonder how long they'll really hold up, even with the dialed-down performance settings.

Is the cost of the plastic parts only counting the cost of the plastic? If someone's making those parts for you at those prices, then they're probably doing it as a huge favor to you.
    Last edited by JRDM; 08-29-2015 at 03:44 PM.

Student
    Add Reprap-fr on Shapeways Add Reprap-fr on Thingiverse
    Hi,

I'm currently building a ToyREP.
    If you want more information, I invite you to look at my blog http://www.reprap-fr.com/

Jice.