Close

Question Where do you buy filament?

I'm curious what everyone's recommendations would be for purchasing PLA filament. Thanks!

Engineer
    I buy all of my filament through Amazon. Get prime and you can get free 2 day shipping on most filament's. Usually pay around $21 for 1KG spool's, with free 2 day shipping.

Follow Bobby Lin On Twitter Add Bobby Lin on Facebook Add Bobby Lin on Google+
    I am buying my PLA filament on Makerbot and 3d Maker World. Sometimes I buy on Amazon and eBay too.

I think the answer is highly dependent on where you live... but since you don't mentoin it, we can assume you're from the US ?

You're right, I probably should have specified. But yes--from the US.

Technologist
    Follow mikethebomber On Twitter Add mikethebomber on Facebook Add mikethebomber on Google+
    Sorry about reopening an old thread. I'm from the US and have been buying from Amazon mostly. Except for one roll of Coex3d.com.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Sainsmart.

I bought the Sainsmart PLA-157 black from Amazon last November and it is junk. So brittle it breaks while feeding thru the tube. I have had to repeatedly start over prints.
    So now I have some Hatchbox I am going to try.

Technician
    If you guys are interested in giving some new brands a try, there are a couple of active distributors on the board that can be found with posts in the "Free Self Promotion" section.