Close

Any New MakerBot Printers in the Works?

I know they recently released the Replicator 2X. Does anyone know if and when the next release of a 3D printer will be? I'm just wondering if I should get the Replicator 2X or wait til the next one comes out so that I am ahead of the curve.

J

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    I don't thing that they've announced anything new as of now. The 2X did just come out a few months ago though so if you really want to sit and wait for something better then go for it.

Personally, I work with a Replicator 2 and the new 2X at work. I think it would be worth it to get the 2X, but I really can't say for sure until I get a chance to try out Makerware 2.3 for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryAlabaster View Post
    Personally, I work with a Replicator 2 and the new 2X at work. I think it would be worth it to get the 2X, but I really can't say for sure until I get a chance to try out Makerware 2.3 for a while.
    What do you do at work, that required the use of the 2X?

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyYan View Post
    What do you do at work, that required the use of the 2X?
    I work as a student worker at my school in the computer lab. We teach 3D modeling classes as an elective, and print students' creations with the printers. Because I work with the printers every day, I get to print pretty much whatever I want, if I can supply the plastic.

Right now, I'm working on designing and printing this: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:162805 - I have the Pin and Adjustable Arm printed, but the actual mount is giving me problems...

Ive got some gopro stuff in the works as well as at least one posted to the thingivers. The mount can be tricky because it has a somewhat high tolerance for the size and the go pro models aren't exactly alike. For example the HERO3 has a different sized mount than the gopro2.

What I am working on is for attaching it to a quadrocopter and it's mostly an issue about the COG and vibration fracturing the plastic. I haven't given up on it but I have taken a break from it