Close

Engineer-in-Training

Something is messing up my esteps!

I tried to upgrade my extruder to a Nema14 belted variation of the itty Bitty single extruder. I could never get the e steps and calibration sorted as well as with the stock extruder so i switched back. Now, I am having the same issues!

For example. I started with the maker farm default 841 and proceeded to adjust the steps till I got a 50mm extrusion when called for. I ended up at about 926. I say about cause I could never get it to give repeatable results. One time it would be .5 under extruding, then it would 2mm over!

Once I got it close i figured I would print a calibration object and fine-tune the rate. It over extruded from the start. i ran print after print and now am all the way down to 821 and it is still not right.

Could the stepper driver be bad?

Engineer-in-Training
    I think I may have found something. EEprom is disabled but I had the chit chat still active. Disabled it and will run things again. Maybe I can go back to the much lighter itty bitty!

Could the chit chat cause these issues?

Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
    I think I may have found something. EEprom is disabled but I had the chit chat still active. Disabled it and will run things again. Maybe I can go back to the much lighter itty bitty!

Could the chit chat cause these issues?
    I don't know about the Chit Chat setting, but having bad numbers in your EEPROM and using them certainly can cause problems. You probably should do a M502 followed by a M500 to store all of your default settings into EEPROM. That will destroy any bad values you have stored there.

Engineer-in-Training
    Even with the EEprom disabled in marlin?

With the EEPROM disabled, you should not be getting any values from the EEPROM.

Engineer-in-Training
    I had the EEPROM disabled but not the chit chat. I commented that out and it seems to be printing better. Time will tell. I wish there was a sticky in this forum for the most recent stable version of Marlin for the Makerfarm printers. I know I had a link to it but i cannot find it. I think it is the BecDac?

Here is what you are looking for: https://github.com/beckdac/Marlin