Close

ABS Printing Temp with E3D V6

Hello all I've assembled my MakerFarm 8" i3v and loving it. Colin recommended I print PLA at 225 with the E3d V6 hot end I installed and that seems to be working good. That seems high so I was wondering if anybody here has a recommended temp for ABS using it? Also does anybody know why the E3d V6 requires a higher than average temp?

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    I know that for the hexagon hot end, Colin's Slic3r config files also defaulted to 225 for PLA, and 250 was the default setting for ABS.

Thanks for that I'll keep it in mind. Have a roll of ABS coming from Colin

Engineer
    i have 4 e3dv6's and they all run abs at 245-255 depending on brand and color.

Just tripped over this forum. I've been printing with PLA on all of my printers without issue, but I cant get ABS to do anything right. What brand is working well for you all. I'm using gizmo dorks PLA and ABS, because the PLA I get from them is always perfect. I've tried up to 235 with my Solidoodle Workbench using E3d V6's, and I have to say I've melted a lot of useless plastic at this point. From the looks of things maybe I should go hotter. What kind of bed settings are you using? What are you using to keep things stuck down? I tried ABS juice, and it works well on my Prusa with hardware store garbage glass, but the workbench has borosilicate glass, which seems to laugh at it. I had ok luck with hairspray, but only with smaller jobs. Help!!!

Thanks,

Rick