Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Companies that don't have a phone number where you can talk to some one Hmmmmmm

Seems to be a Habit with some new companies to do this. How do other people feel about this. When I put a order in for over $2000 for
    something I like to talk to someone about it and make sure it will do what I want. Not just text back and forth for ever.
    Taking Paypal does help protect the buyer. How do you feel about this?????????

Senior Engineer
    Caveat emptor will always be applicable no matter what technology does.

Technician
    Yes I worry about a company on the net that doesn't put a contact phone number at the bottom of their webpage. You would think they would be glad someone is calling to
    ask about and buy their product. Hmmmmm
    What are they afraid of?????

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    My phone number is printed on every printer.

Technologist
    While not the whole reason, this was one of the reasons I didn't go with Printrbot. Kinda too bad, in that they seem to have an overall good product that seemed to match my needs well. Buuut..., while pushing all support as they have off onto the community has probably helped to keep costs lower, it means that a noob such as myself was unable to get definitive answers to even the simplest of questions, and hence could never really feel comfortable about a purchase.

Interestingly, it was someone on the printrbot "knowledge base (or whatever it's called)" that suggested I might want to go with something more rep-rappy. I balked at first, but as I perused the scene, it really did make sense given the current state-of-the-shelf of hobbyist 3d printing.

I know things change, but I have no regrets going the MakerFarm/Reprap route.

I insist on a phone number and a physical address before I do business.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Davo View Post
    My phone number is printed on every printer.
    That is good

Technician
    I see Type A Machines with their Series 1 printers has good support and phone number on their page. They make it a point
    to let you know they have people there to help you on the phone or email...
    Last edited by spaceman; 08-02-2015 at 07:36 AM.

Senior Engineer
    The problem is that phone numbers are now about as much use as a chocolate teapot with all the call centres and musical keyboard aps that you have to go through to get anywhere, it is rare to have real people anywhere near them now.

If you are going to embrace new technology such as 3d printing then you should also embrace more efficient communication systems as well. Email is far superior and essential than any phone nowadays.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    The problem is that phone numbers are now about as much use as a chocolate teapot with all the call centres and musical keyboard aps that you have to go through to get anywhere, it is rare to have real people anywhere near them now.

If you are going to embrace new technology such as 3d printing then you should also embrace more efficient communication systems as well. Email is far superior and essential than any phone nowadays.
    Sorry don't agree with that.
    Strange large companies in the CNC, Laser cutting and large format printing world still have a salesperson on the phone and for tech support.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast