Close

Historic Atlas - 3D Printed Medieval Cyprus

Ilios 3D has teamed with Historic Atlas to 3D print a massive diorama of Medieval Cyprus. The diorama features 3D printed models at 1:72,000 scale of knights, castles, living quarters, ships and more. Printed with thermoplastic and intricately paint each model was created quite quickly when compared to other means of model making. The exhibit is open from 8am to 8pm every day and costs 14 euro for adults to enter and 8 euro for children. More information on just what you will find at the exhibit in Cyprus can be found here: http://3dprint.com/84548/3d-print-cyprus-history/

Below is a picture of one of the many intricate 3D printed models you will find at the exhibit. Let us know if you attend:

Senior Engineer
    I told a friend of mine about this as he is a history teacher at an English school in Cyprus.

He did go and said it really was excellent but at 14 euros per child the school could not afford for him to take his pupils there.

There does not seem to be any mechanism in place for reduced price educational trips or large groups.

Badly thought out I thought.