Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What a terrible system they came up with. USB+ ? What were they they thinking...

Im happy to say I bought a CTC 3D printer from ebay for just $600 AUS and it doesn't have this USB+ thing....what a scam...

We also bought a CTC Bizer , on eBay, for $500. US, and had No problem like that.
    It's been a Great printer !

I see that this thread was started months ago, so hopefully no one is pulling this scam anymore.
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 09-15-2015 at 06:07 PM.

Are they still making printers with this, or was this a failed experiment? I am looking to buy a CTC, but the possibility of getting a UBS+ version has me worried. Is there any way to be guaranteed to get a proper unit w/o USB+. If not, I will look at other brands.

Technician
    Pretty sure they got rid of them due to so many complaints. I got mine just ubder 3 months ago and so usb.

But what I would do is ask the sellers, if they really are different seller, if the printer comes with plastic gears and pulleys or metal ones.

mine came with plastic ones.

Quote Originally Posted by err404 View Post
    Are they still making printers with this, or was this a failed experiment? I am looking to buy a CTC, but the possibility of getting a UBS+ version has me worried. Is there any way to be guaranteed to get a proper unit w/o USB+. If not, I will look at other brands.
    The USB port in our CTC-Bizer's motherboard is a USB-2.0 port.
    It connects directly to computer and works Great !
    ( as far as I know there's nothing different or unusual about it
    but maybe some new design is different ?? )
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 02-12-2016 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleSeven View Post
    The USB port in our CTC's motherboard is a USB-2.0 port.
    It connects directly to computer and works Great !
    ( as far as I know there's nothing different or unusual about it )
    Thanks for the feed back, but refer to the first post on this thread. There are models of the CTC printer that include a DRM lock that requires the filament be purchased through CTC only.

Are we sure this wasn't just a scam being perpetrated by that eBay seller? I went to that CTC site link and it was just a placeholder item...I did some googling though, and so far any time USB+ is mentioned and somebody says where they got their printer, it's from that same seller. You'll note they don't seem to have an eBay account anymore. I would like to think that CTC themselves would know not to pull something like this, because they make a good reliable printer that I've been happy to recommend to everybody who asks, and to do something like this would be a tragic misstep. Either way, I'm still looking forward to buying another at some point.

I wish I knew for sure. CTC has not commented, other than to offer a main board replacement as a fix. Maybe they are just being extremely generous and taking action to correct a scam. It just seems odd to not make any further statement.
    In any case, this seems to no longer be an issue. I ordered one the other day and am excited to try it out.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Well, when the firmware is open source, sadly people do naughty things with it, like this for example. CTC printer might be cheap, but I doubt any sane company would try and trick any one into that. Sounds like a rogue ebay seller who's good with arduino code
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Quote Originally Posted by CTC-USA View Post
    Please contact our service department for free replacement of the printer or motherboard if you have USB+.

Kind Regards,
    Are you still doing the fixes?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12