Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advice on Buying a New 3D Printer

First-time purchases of big-ticket items can be daunting, and that's especially true for buying your first 3D printer. With so many different machines on the market at so many different price points and technical capabilities, it can be difficult to know where to even start the process. We've taken a look at some of the basics to help you start thinking about the purchasing process, from the research into availability to where to find trustworthy reviews to the things to keep in mind when considering your needs, over at 3DPrint.com: http://3dprint.com/80624/buying-3d-printer

Do you have any advice to new time 3D Printer buyers? Let's hear it!

Every single top ten for 3D printing has a Flashforge. Always get a kick out of that.

Student
    Add kudo3D on Facebook
    Believe the Titan 1 should be on there as well!!

The Titan 1 DLP SLA Printer, along with our patent-pending PSP technology, prints faster and larger than other desktop SLA 3D printers, allowing it to be used for various applications including gaming, jewelry, medical research.

Some of our clients include Intel, Motorola, MIT, Yale University, Duke University, UCSF, Quality Gold, and TRW Automotive, and have provided us with only positive feedback.

Here are the Titan 1’s specs:
    XY resolution: 37-100um
    Max speed: 2.7 in/hr
    Max build size: 7.5 x 4.3 x 10.0 (inches)
    Price: $2,999

War_Machine_1.jpg
    kudo3d-titan1-3d-printing-zomebiesmith-castandpaint.jpg
    Tissue-Scaffolds-1.jpg

Check out more pictures: www.kudo3d.com/gallery/

Please PM me if you have any questions or check out the website at www.kudo3d.com !

Student
    Add BradR97 on Thingiverse
    Da Vinci by XYZPrinting. Large heated bed and build space, enclosure, flash it!

First I think you should tell what you want to do with this machine.If you can't modeling, just need download some files from thingivers, I think some DIY models could be enough, they can reach your budget for sure, but just for fun.You can design something and even you can use the printing objects to ear money, then some advanced machine is needed, Zortrax, Ultimaker, list "plug and play" on 3Dhubs can be helpful.Form 1+or some like this machine could be considering if you want real nice(and smaller) printing objects.The price is also competitive.(But I don't like it, I hate resin).

First I think you should tell what you want to do with this machine.If you can't modeling, just need download some files from thingivers, I think some DIY models could be enough, they can reach your budget for sure, but just for fun.You can design something and even you can use the printing objects to ear money, then some advanced machine is needed, Zortrax, Ultimaker, list "plug and play" on 3Dhubs can be helpful.Form 1+or some like this machine could be considering if you want real nice(and smaller) printing objects.The price is also competitive.(But I don't like it, I hate resin)

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    okay - first thing.
    I have 8 3D printers now. I like trying new machines and also received a few for review articles we’ve done.
    You are one lucky bastard :-)

Second point. You mention one is rubbish, uselsss and not worth buying, wasted filament and broke - yet in a guide to buying printers you refuse to name the one you wouldn't recommend anyone buying.
    Does anyone else find this weird.
    [QUOTELet us know if you have any other advice for those purchasing a 3D printer for the first time.][/QUOTE]

Well yeah, if you bought a printer and it was crap - or even got one given to you and it was crap ;-) - TELL PEOPLE !

Just a thought, if you purchase a 3D printer and use 'print from SD card' you could consider powering it via a computer UPS (uninteruptable power supply) so when you have a mains glitch your print won't be useless. (mains dropouts are rare but do you need one six hours and fiftynine min into a seven hour build?)

Flashforge 3d printer series would be good choices i think. Their Dreamer is quite popular.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Hmm, think the jury's still out on the dreamer. Does seem to have a few issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast