Close

Printing Anomaly Replicator (Dual)

I'm currently working on a project that requires multiple parts to be printed. I have printed the first four parts perfectly and when I tried printing the last part, (also the longest to print, but I doubt that matters), the printer started to mess up the job. The printer started to extrude the filament in weird directions and when we canceled it, the structure barely resembled the one we sketched. I looked at the print preview and all looks normal. Also, now when we try to print the old pieces, which printed just fine originally, they too mess up and become almost distorted images of themselves. We have a Replicator (Dual) printer and the firmware is 5.2. Our first thought was that obviously we should upgrade the firmware, but when we go to do that we run into issues. When prompted to update on MakerWare, I click update and put it to 7.5 and when I hit update it immediately says "unknown error from conveyor." This happens even if we try and time the reset button. We've been looking for quite a while for a solution but to no avail.

Wow! 5.2 is ANCIENT firmware. It's probably why you are having issues updating to the latest firmware. If you PM me your e-mail address I'd be happy to send you a BotTool. This should force update the firmware on your device.

The issue your describing could either be leveling or a corrupt file. Please re-level and re-export the object and try again.

EDIT:

In hindsight it actually could also be due to an over-flexed cable. This does happen to the dual overtime. If you PM me your e-mail address I'll try and secure a replacement set of cables for you.