Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Staff Engineer
    You have made two erroneous assumptions in Step 2. First, the water doesn't drip onto the open surface of the resin. Second, the water is heavier than the resin due to the salt content.

There is a tube that directs the salt water to the bottom of the resin vat, any turbulence in the salt water/resin interface is contained inside the tube until the bubbles of water exit out of the tube firmly at the bottom of the tank, where they stay.

Feign i did assume the water was going to float ontop the resin. That was wrong. i didnt not assuming the water dripped ontop but in the middle, and unevenly. the bubbles are poppping out in random ways building a larger mass which now im thinking pops out underneath. id assume the resin traps the bubbles sometimes making the holes in the prints. wich might be dead by now. there hasnt been many posts.

they could try an egg beater test and pouring wating into resin from a pitcher. probably simple enough to see it trapped or not.

since i dropped in this babble and iv had the working of this printer wrong the whole time i guess ill just ask here. how do i start a print with this thing? if theres a 1/2 inch to an inch of resin floating does the printer just uv cure through plastic to make a base of standoffs?
    Last edited by IDefINIte; 12-17-2015 at 07:39 AM.

Hey IDefINIte,

As far as I know from the Updates and Videos, the print works as follows:
    (With a small sketch; probably one of the worst pictures I've made so far but it shows what I want to show)
    PeachyPrinterSketch.jpg
    You have a Tank containing some salt water and a wire mesh.
    There is a tube going down into the water at the side for the drips.
    You put a layer of resin on the water.
    You start the dripper and the print.
    As the water starts to raise, the printer prints a support structure that encloses the mesh.
    Once the top of the layer is above the "grill", the printing of the object can begin.

Cheers,
    quertz

Grill was the answer thanks quertz

I know printing accurate to dimensions in the x and y axis had been an issue previously mentioned and am wondering if any progress has been made to resolve it and if so how accurate it has gotten.

Engineer-in-Training
    It is still a matter of calibration, but it is getting very close.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456