Close

mapleMaker Mini V2

We all know and love the RepRap movement, but having said this, many of the RepRap machines require a significant number of componets which need to be sourced rather than 3D printed. One designer is looking to change all of this with his mapleMaker Mini V2 3D printer. The mapleMaker can print pretty much all of it's own parts besides a couple of rails, electrical components and some nuts screws and bolts. The finished machine features a relatively large build envelope of 8x6x6 inches and used a high-end E3D Lite 6 hot end. More information on this machine and where to download the printable files to construct it can be found here: http://3dprint.com/78045/maplemaker-mini-v2-3d-printer/

Below is a picture of the assembled 3D Printed mapleMaker Mini V2. Will you be printing and assembling this machine? Let us know!

Engineer-in-Training
    This printer looks familiar...I think I've seen it somewhere...

...oh wait! That's mine! Thanks for the awesome right up! Hopefully we will see many of these printed and in the wild! Dual extruders are coming soon!

Linear rods for the maplemaker mini v2.

Hi,

I'm planning to build the maplemaker mini v2. I've downloaded and read the build guide and I must say it's really well done! Great job!

I'm wondering whether it is really necessary to get the 762mm length linear rods (pack of 6) listed on page 13? Those rods seem to be so much longer than what would be required. It is stated on page 139 that the rods will have to be cut down to 250mm (x- and z-axis) and 310mm (y-axis) so why not get the following item instead?

Many thanks for the assistance!

Cheers,
    Stephen

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by purrcreate View Post
    Hi,

I'm planning to build the maplemaker mini v2. I've downloaded and read the build guide and I must say it's really well done! Great job!

I'm wondering whether it is really necessary to get the 762mm length linear rods (pack of 6) listed on page 13? Those rods seem to be so much longer than what would be required. It is stated on page 139 that the rods will have to be cut down to 250mm (x- and z-axis) and 310mm (y-axis) so why not get the following item instead?

Many thanks for the assistance!

Cheers,
    Stephen
    Ahh, my apologies, to be honest, originally when I spec'd the parts, the longer rod set would allow me to build 2 printers from 1 set of rods, with little waste left over. It was a matter of efficiency, but for individual builds, the 500mm set would suffice. My apologies for not updating this in the BOM

Ryan