Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    You can use the button of Identify to show the number of the screen.
    So you can tell which is you desktop and which is belong to the scanner.
    and the screen of your PC, need to be the mainscreen.
    mainscreen should be on the left, second one be the left next to the main one.
    their upside need to be in one line.
    and you needn't set the mainscreen to 800x600.
    Thanks.

Please make sure the Mac has discrete video card, if not ,I am not sure it will work.
    With Windows, we can see from the device manager.
    There is a item called Display adaptors, if you can't find other device except Intel's.
    It means it has not discrete video card.
    And you need change to another pc.

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Alfred or Yang
    All MacBook Pro have discrete cards built in, and mine has a Radeon 6750M. The only ones that don't are the ones that start with and only have Intel HD graphics listed in their specifications.
    This extra card allow you to drive an additional monitor (or your VGA projector in your scanner), but you have to use a Mini DisplayPort adapter to access this ability. In my case the MacBook has a Thunderbolt port, and the right adapter will get you a VGA output!
    This is the screen you need to see in Windows 8.1, and it's accessed via PC settings>PC and devices>Display. As long as you see a set up like this, display 2 being 800x600 60Hz (set under Advanced Settings), then you are good to go.
    Windows8_display_settings.jpg

Also as Hugues said, you need to use the Extend these displays setting too.
    Your instructions were slightly confusing, more so for me, as I didn't understand the operation of your scanner. However, now that I do, I know I can use an older 27" iMac with your scanner, as well as a later version, another screen, plus your scanner in a daisy chain!
    My next task will be to get a legacy iMac to work, and we'll see what else I'll manage too.

Hope this helps you guys
    Here's a test scan
    torsion_bar_cover_render.jpg
    Mike

Good news, and any problem you have met, you can cotact me.
    my email is yangjianlong@shining3d.com

Hi 24c,
    I have the very same early 2011 MBP with the same VGA cards but when I installed the Bootcamp drivers on the windows 8.1 the screen blacked out and I had to delete the Radeon drivers in safe mode to have picture plus sound is not working at all . What version of windows do you have and what kind of drivers are you using? I decided to switch to parallels even though a virtual windows is weaker, do you think my Einscan gona work on parallels? thanks

win7 64bit\win 8 64bit\win 10 64bit
    bootcamp is designed for mac with cpu of intel.

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Harry,

I have Windows 8.1 Pro, but updated the BootCamp to the latest version from the Apple website...just booting up now in OS X to get the version number. It was BootCamp 5 with the 31 January 2014 date for the folders. There was an update from the BootCamp that came with my 2011 MacBook Pro, and it something like 5.1xxxxx. https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1720?locale=en_US

I never had a black screen, until the initial start up just before the Windows 8.1 logo comes on screen. I had everything unplugged at the install, only added stuff after completed.

Hope this helps
    Mike

[QUOTE=24c;66572]Harry,

I have Windows 8.1 Pro, but updated the BootCamp to the latest version from the Apple website...just booting up now in OS X to get the version number. It was BootCamp 5 with the 31 January 2014 date for the folders. There was an update from the BootCamp that came with my 2011 MacBook Pro, and it something like 5.1xxxxx. https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1720?locale=en_US

Thanks Mike, so you would recommend running the scanner on windows 8.1 pro under Bootcamp 5.1.5621 rather than on Parallels 10 or 11?

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Hi again,

Yes Harry, we both (Hugues & I) know this works...and it behaves as expected. If your MacBook is older like mine, and I think you said it was, then you can't use 10 according to the Apple website.I replied to your other thread too.

Mike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123